About Bhoothathankettu, Ernakulam
Bhoothathankettu, Ernakulam - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Kothamangalam - Idamalayar Road, Kerala 686681
Ticket Price: 10 INR
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 92 times in trip plans
Forest, Waterfront, Family And Kids, Dam
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Bhoothathankettu Dam & Reserve Forest has its story rooted in Hindu Mythology. It is believed that the Ghosts (Bhootham)tried to submerge the Trikkariyoor temple whose deity is Lord Shiva, by making a dam in the Periyar river and flooding the area.
To trick the Ghosts, Lord Shiva faked the sound of the rooster. The ghosts fled the river area fearing of the light and the Dam (whose traces can still be seen in the huge boulders) remained incomplete.
Today the Bhoothathankettu Dam & Reserve Forest is loved for hiking where you can see the cave where the Ghosts were believed to live while the dam makes for a beautiful view of the river itself. The place also offers boating for children and adults.
- Carry bottled drinking water.
Bhoothathankettu Ticket Prices
- Admission is INR 10 per person.
- INR 500 for 4 people for the speedboat
- INR 125 per person for 1 hour
Bhoothathankettu Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings of activities around the dam vary.
How To reach Bhoothathankettu by Public Transport
- By Bus
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi/Cab
- By renting a Car/ Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ernakulam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ernakulam and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bhoothathankettu, Ernakulam Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Pepper Kerala Holidays - Travels In Cochin
- International Container Transhipment Terminal Kochi
- Ernakulam Junction Railway Station Main Entrance
- Ernakulam Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Ernakulam
- What to See in 48 Hours in Ernakulam
- What to See in 72 Hours in Ernakulam
- How to Spend 5 Days in Ernakulam
- How to Spend 6 Days in Ernakulam
- How to Spend 7 Days in Ernakulam