How to Reach Ernakulam
- By Air: The Cochin International Airport (COK) is located around 30 kilometres from Ernakulum district and has easy connectivity to major Indian cities including Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai.
- Regular international flights to and from Middle-East and South-east Asia are available.
- By Train: The Ernakulum Junction South is one of the busiest railway stations in Kerala and connects major cities all over India through the IRCTC network. The nearby cities including Vyanad, Kannur, Bekal, Nilehswar and Mysore have good train connectivity to Ernakulum by train.
- There are 2 railway stations in the city- the Ernakulum Town railway station that cover the cities towards Kottayam while the Ernakulum Junction Railway Station has trains that head towards Alappuzha.
- By Bus: Private as well as Public bus service is available to reach Ernakulum. The state run KSRTC (Kerala Sate Road Transport Corporation) has good connectivity all over the state.
- By Car: Ernakulum is connected to the North-South Corridor National Highway System via National Highway 66 where you can take the exit points at Edapally and Vytilla to the Ernakulam city.
- By Bus: The local bus services connect popular places throughout Ernakulum and are preferred if you are looking for a budget option to getaround thecity
- By Auto-Rickshaw: The Rickshawserviceis perfect to get around the city and even towards the outskirts and cost a minimal amount. You can also take a prepaid rickshaw for the day.
- By Renting a Bike: Easy renting options are available at the city for two wheelers and if you don’t mind exploring the attractions on your own, you will love wheeling through Ernakulum.
- By Taxi/ Cab: You can hire a Taxi/ Cab online for the day. This is preferred if you are looking for visiting tourists spots located at the outskirts of Ernakulum.
- By Ferry: A few attractions like Fort Kochi, Mattancherry and Bolghatti islands can be easily reached by taking a ferry from the Main Jetty in Ernakulum.