How to Reach Ernakulam - The Easiest Way to Reach Ernakulam
- By Air: The Cochin International Airport (COK) is located around 30 kilometres from Ernakulum district and has easy connectivity to major Indian cities including Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai.
- Regular international flights to and from Middle-East and South-east Asia are available.
- By Train: The Ernakulum Junction South is one of the busiest railway stations in Kerala and connects major cities all over India through the IRCTC network. The nearby cities including Vyanad, Kannur, Bekal, Nilehswar and Mysore have good train connectivity to Ernakulum by train.
- There are 2 railway stations in the city- the Ernakulum Town railway station that cover the cities towards Kottayam while the Ernakulum Junction Railway Station has trains that head towards Alappuzha.
- By Bus: Private as well as Public bus service is available to reach Ernakulum. The state run KSRTC (Kerala Sate Road Transport Corporation) has good connectivity all over the state.
- By Car: Ernakulum is connected to the North-South Corridor National Highway System via National Highway 66 where you can take the exit points at Edapally and Vytilla to the Ernakulam city.
- By Bus: The local bus services connect popular places throughout Ernakulum and are preferred if you are looking for a budget option to getaround thecity
- By Auto-Rickshaw: The Rickshawserviceis perfect to get around the city and even towards the outskirts and cost a minimal amount. You can also take a prepaid rickshaw for the day.
- By Renting a Bike: Easy renting options are available at the city for two wheelers and if you don’t mind exploring the attractions on your own, you will love wheeling through Ernakulum.
- By Taxi/ Cab: You can hire a Taxi/ Cab online for the day. This is preferred if you are looking for visiting tourists spots located at the outskirts of Ernakulum.
- By Ferry: A few attractions like Fort Kochi, Mattancherry and Bolghatti islands can be easily reached by taking a ferry from the Main Jetty in Ernakulum.
Are you looking for a Ernakulam travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Ernakulam
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ernakulam. The most preferred mode of transport in Ernakulam is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 19 km Average time: 44.4 min
Bus/Trolleybus 40%Bus 67.5 min Walking 5 min Waiting 1 min Overall average time for 30 kms 73.5 min
Motorbike 20%Motorbike 30 min Overall average time for 18 kms 30 min
Bike 20%Bike 30 min Overall average time for 12 kms 30 min
Car 20%Driving 15 min Overall average time for 5 kms 15 min
How to Reach Ernakulam from Nearby Cities
|Kochi to Ernakulam||3.83 km||3 mins|
|Alleppey to Ernakulam||13.86 km||13 mins|
|Edappal to Ernakulam||38.85 km||38 mins|
|Idukki to Ernakulam||70.15 km||1 hour 10 mins|
|Thiruvananthapuram to Ernakulam||80.09 km||1 hour 20 mins|
|Tirupur to Ernakulam||119.19 km||1 hour 59 mins|
|Hyderabad to Ernakulam||300.19 km||5 hours 59 mins|
|Tirumala to Ernakulam||356.83 km||5 hours 56 mins|
- How to reach Alleppey
- How to reach Munnar
- How to reach Kollam
- How to reach Coimbatore
- How to reach Varkala
- How to reach Coonoor
- How to reach Ooty
- How to reach Trivandrum
- How to reach Bandipur
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Chennai