Pavakulam Sree Mahadeva Kshetram, Ernakulam
About Pavakulam Sree Mahadeva Kshetram, Ernakulam
Pavakulam Sree Mahadeva Kshetram, Ernakulam - Address, Phone Number
Address: Kaloor, Kochi-682017, Ernakulum District, Kerala State, India.
Time Required: 00:40 Mins
Timings: 04:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
Added 3.2K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Paavakkulam Shree Mahadeva Temple’s main deities are Lord Shiva and Swayamvara Parvathi Devi and is one of themost popular temples in Ernakulum. Hindu religion believes that there is one God but in different forms and Brahma, Vishnu and Rudra (Shiva) form the there fundamentals of life.
In this temple Lord Shiva is seen in the ‘Nataraja bhavam’ form performing ‘Thandava nirtham’- to depict the fury of the Lord. The deity of Parvathi is placed behind the Shiva idol to calm the Lord’s anger.
The temple itself is loved for its tranquil spaces and beautiful architecture true to the Kerala style and a visit here is an immersive experience in Indian Mythology.
Pavakulam Sree Mahadeva Kshetram Ticket Prices
- Admission is free.
Pavakulam Sree Mahadeva Kshetram Opening and Closing Hours
- Nadayadakkal in the morning, is at 12.00 noon on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- The temple will be closed at the time of both solar and lunar eclipses. Special poojas and Dhara are done from 5.00 pm on every Pradosham day.
Specialpuja timings are:
- Morning Timings: at 4.00 am, 4.30 am, 6.20 am, 7.15 am, 9.30 am, 11.00 am
- Evening Timings: at 4.30 pm, at Sunset, 7.00 pm, 7.30 pm, 8.00 pm
How To reach Pavakulam Sree Mahadeva Kshetram by Public Transport
- By Bus: Kaloor Bus Stop
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi/Cab
- By renting a Car/ Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ernakulam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ernakulam and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pavakulam Sree Mahadeva Kshetram, Ernakulam Reviews - Write a Review
Well maintained temple.... OM NAMA SHIVAYA A model for other devaswom temples.. Jai VHP..
Mahadeva and Swayamvara Parvathy is the great temple
Very nice and peaceful temple, not that big.. very well maintained.
Peaceful place... 🕉
- Nearby Attractions
- International Container Transhipment Terminal Kochi
- Ernakulam Junction Railway Station Main Entrance
- Ernakulam Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Ernakulam
- What to See in 48 Hours in Ernakulam
- What to See in 72 Hours in Ernakulam
- How to Spend 5 Days in Ernakulam
- How to Spend 6 Days in Ernakulam
- How to Spend 7 Days in Ernakulam