Vypeekotta Seminary13 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ernamulam, Chendamangalam, Kerala 683512, Ernakulam, India Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 1800-4254747
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Ancient Ruin, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids
Built in 1577, the seminary was originally constructed by the Portuguese and was used to train Christian priests.
In 1935, the whole place was declared as a monument and till today you can see Vattezhuthu inscriptionsthat are now incorporated into the compound wall of the church.
The pottery found here is maintained at theArchaeological Museum located in Thrissur. Taking a walk at the monument is akin to travelling back in time and seeing the inscriptions is simply one of the rare ways to touch a part of history like never before.
Entrance Ticket Details For Vypeekotta Seminary
- Admission is Free.
How to Reach Vypeekotta Seminary
- Ferry: at Kottayilkovilakam Boat Jetty
- By Auto rickshaw
- By Taxi/Cab
- By renting a Car/ Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ernakulam before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ernakulam and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Vypeekotta Seminary Address: Ernamulam, Chendamangalam, Kerala 683512, Ernakulam, India
- Vypeekotta Seminary Contact Number: 1800-4254747
- Vypeekotta Seminary Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Vypeekotta Seminary(preferred time): 09:30 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Vypeekotta Seminary: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.49% of people who visit Ernakulam include Vypeekotta Seminary in their plan
20% of people start their Vypeekotta Seminary visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Vypeekotta Seminary
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Vypeekotta Seminary
People normally club together Cherai Beach and Clirind Resorts Athirapally while planning their visit to Vypeekotta Seminary.