Abteikirche St. LiudgerCurrently Open
- Address: Bruckstrasse 54, 45239 Essen, Germany Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-201491565
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Exhibition
If you are visiting Werden Abbey, you cannot miss its famous highlight, i.e. Abteikirche St. Liudger. It is a beautiful late-Romanesque church and was named after the Frisian missionary was buried here. Visit the church to check the brilliant exterior architectural design of the church.
The primary highlight of the church is the Treasury. It is around 240 square meter area of exhibition space displaying nearly 80 works of art. The highlights of the Treasury are artworks of gold and silversmithing and ivory carving, paintings and manuscripts, sculptures and reliefs.
Abteikirche St. Liudger Travel Tips
- Be decently dressed when you visit the church.
Entrance Ticket Details For Abteikirche St. Liudger
- Adult – 3 €
- Reduced - 2€
- Children (7 -18 years) - 2€
- Family tickets (up to 2 adults + upto 4 children under 18 years) - 6 €
- Groups (10 or more) -2€ / person
Abteikirche St. Liudger Hours
- Closed – Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Ascension Day, Pentecost, Corpus Christi, All Saint’s Day.
How to Reach Abteikirche St. Liudger
- S-Bahn line S6 from Essen Central Station(track 12) to Will.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Essen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Essen and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Abteikirche St. Liudger Address: Bruckstrasse 54, 45239 Essen, Germany
- Abteikirche St. Liudger Contact Number: +49-201491565
- Abteikirche St. Liudger Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Abteikirche St. Liudger: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
75.85% of people who visit Essen include Abteikirche St. Liudger in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
70.79% of people start their Abteikirche St. Liudger visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Abteikirche St. Liudger
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Abteikirche St. Liudger
People normally club together Museum Folkwang and Golfclub Golf & More Duisburg while planning their visit to Abteikirche St. Liudger.