Essen Cathedral Treasury233 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Burg Platz 2 - 45127, Essen, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-2012204206
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Also known Essen Minster (in Germany), was established in 1958. Since its established it was considered as the seat of the Roman Catholic Bishop of Essen. It was built in honor of Saints Cosmas and the Damian and the Bless Virgin Mary. The cathedral is located right at the center of the city. However, the present building you see had been reconstructed after it faced heavy damage during World War II. The striking feature of the cathedral is the light colored sandstone used in the Gothic hall. Other than this, other attractions to see within the cathedral treasury is the Golden Madonna, the collection of Ottonian works which is around thousand years old and a crown of Holy Roman Emperor Otto II.
Essen Cathedral Treasury Travel Tips
- Guided tours are permitted only by our staff. Groups without a leadership want to visit the treasury, are asked for advance registration.
- Dress decently.
- Photography and filming is not permitted. Recording for commercial purpose require prior appointment.
- Visitors are not allowed to have any kind of food or drink within the treasury.
Entrance Ticket Details For Essen Cathedral Treasury
- Reduction - 2€
- Children and adolescents (7 – 18years) - 2€
- Children (under 6 years) – free
- Family Ticket - 8€
- Groups of 10 people - 2€(for adults), 1€ (children and adolescents of 7 -18 years)
- For Management fees, check the official website.
Essen Cathedral Treasury Hours
- Last admission – 20 minutes before the closing time.
- Closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Ascension Day, Pentecost, Corpus Christi, All Saints Day.
How to Reach Essen Cathedral Treasury
- Bus Stop – Rathaus Essen stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Essen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Essen and book an accommodation of your choice.
53.44% of people who visit Essen include Essen Cathedral Treasury in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
43.75% of people start their Essen Cathedral Treasury visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Essen Cathedral Treasury
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Essen Cathedral Treasury