Grugapark Essen, Essen
About Grugapark Essen, Essen
Grugapark Essen, Essen - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Virchowstrasse 167a, Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 09:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
Added 8.3K times in trip plans
Garden, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids, Valley
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This famous botanical garden was established in 1927. The primary am behind the establishment of the park was for recreation, education and research work for the botany subject. However, some parts of the park got destroyed during World War II. Later on, in 1965 the government recreated the damaged parts of the park. At present, the park is divided into sections like.
- Alpinum – trees like pine trees, Taiwania can be found
- Asia section -walnut trees, dove trees, Japanese elm can be found
- Climbing plants – has largest collection of plants in Germany
- Forest Valley
- Mediterranean Orangery
- Herb Garden
- Rhododeron valley
- Sensory garden
- Westphalian cottage garden
Apart from these sections, the garden also has a greenhouses that holds collection of tropical rainforest trees. Visit this garden if you wish to see or learn about different types of plants and trees exist on the earth.
Grugapark Essen Information
- Visually impaired pays normal entry fee. One carer along with them is entitle for free admission.
- Pets are allowed within the park but should be kept on short lead.
- Bicycles are not permitted within the park.
- The park is open all the year around.
Grugapark Essen Ticket Prices
- Children (above 15 years), National and Civilian servicemen on submission of appropriate identification - 2.50 €
- Youth (6 -14 years) – 1.20 €
- Children (under 6 and accompanied by an adult) – free
- Families (Parents with a maximum of 4 children from 6-14) – 8.50€
- Single families (1 adult with a maximum of 4 children from 6-14) - 6€
- Group of over 10 people - 3€/ person
- School classes (daycare groups, kindergarten groups, two supervisors included) – 8 €
- For Season Tickets, check their official website.
How To reach Grugapark Essen by Public Transport
- U-Bahn Line U11, U17
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Essen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Essen and book an accommodation of your choice.
Grugapark Essen, Essen Reviews - Write a Review
Huge garden, affordable entry fees, there is a ticket for family unit. The train in the garden make it easier to discover the garden in short and spot the areas of interest. There is a space for BBQ but needs to be booked earlier since there is limited areas. The garden enough seating areas for everyone, there are few kids amusements. It is very good to spend a day at.
Beautiful Garden with Lots to See and A Chance to enjoy the Beautiful Nature in the middle of the city
Beautiful park, quite big, loved the different attractions, one can easily spend an afternoon there.
Very nice place... Quite big, need to do a lot of walking to explore the place. Not sure about the entry fee because we entered free... witnessed beautiful tulip garden and a lot more other lovely flowers.... Chairs available to relax and enjoy your day under the sun.
It is a very beautiful park with lots of scenery. Just bear in mind using bicycle and consuming alcohol is FORBIDDEN in the park, one of the park personnel notified us, but was kind enough not to fine us, because we honestly didn't know that. Apart from that, it is a great place.
- Nearby Attractions
- GOP Variete-Theater Essen
- Colosseum Theater
- Essener Golf Club
- Schloss Borbeck
- Studio B
- Schloss Schellenberg
- Essen Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Essen
- What to See in 48 Hours in Essen
- What to See in 72 Hours in Essen
- How to Spend 5 Days in Essen
- How to Spend 6 Days in Essen
- How to Spend 7 Days in Essen