Red Dot Design Museum228 Votes Currently Open
Visit this unique museum that holds largest presentation of contemporary design in the world. Nearly 160,000 international guests turn up to visit this awe-inspiring museum, named Red Dot Design Museum. At present, the museum house around 2,000 contemporary designs in the exhibition area. Some of the designs are inspired from the daily lifestyle and some you may find in your house, already in use. The museum allows you to touch and test most of its displayed objects. Some of the primary attractions of this museum are the USB flash drive and multifunctional stove. On the fifth floor of the museum, you get to see innovative products.
All the displayed products are being awarded as the winners of the Red Dot award, considered as the ‘Oscar’ of the design world.
Red Dot Design Museum Travel Tips
- Designated parking facilities available for handicapped people at the parking site P A2.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible.
- Lockers are available for visitors to lock up their essential belongings.
- Taking photographs for personal use. For commercial use, permission is required.
- Consumption of food and drinks are not allowed within the museum.
- Dogs are not allowed within the museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Red Dot Design Museum
- Reduced (students and handicapped people with valid ID)- 4€
- During special exhibition - 9€ , 4€ (reduced price)
- Children under 12 years – free
- Fridays – pay what you want (not for advance booked guided tour)
- Family Ticket (2 adults + children): 16.00€
- Family Ticket during special exhibitions: 22.00€
- Club card for1 year: 39.00 € (free admission for 1 person + 1 guest)
- Groups of 15 persons or more: 4.00 € each
- With booked guided tour: 4.00 € each (special exhibitions: 6.00 € each)
Red Dot Design Museum Hours
- Last entrance – 5:00 pm
- Public Holidays – Open
- July 20th and 27th – Open
- August – 3rd, 10th and 17th – Open
How to Reach Red Dot Design Museum
- Tram line 107, exit at station “Zollverein”.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Essen before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Essen and book an accommodation of your choice.
51.47% of people who visit Essen include Red Dot Design Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
65.45% of people start their Red Dot Design Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Red Dot Design Museum
67.27% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Red Dot Design Museum