Are you looking for what to do in Essen?
PLACES TO SEE
One can never run out of sites to visit and feast eyes on in Essen.
There are many sites to visit and a lot of things to see in La Plata, to satisfy visitors from all walks of life.
- Botanical garden Grugapark: This is a popular site with most visitors- featuring playgrounds, waterfall, park railroad, a look-out tower, various animals and restaurants. It is open to visitors all year round from morning until night time. This is a great site when travelling with children.
- Zeche Zollverein: It is also called the most beautiful coal mine in the world. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It now hosts various cultural highlights in the city, including an outstanding structure- the Bauhaus architecture and several museums.
- Folkwang Museum: The museum is well known for its exhibits covering the history of photography as well as paintings from different eras in German history. It is famous and a hit with most travelers.
- Villa HugelHugel: This is one of the historical sites in the city. The building is the Krupp family historical chateu, which also houses art history museum. The building is also a famous concert venue in Essen.
- The old town of Werden: This is one of the oldest towns and oldest German sites in the whole of Germany. It is highly recommended as a must see site in Essen.
WHERE TO BE
- Daktari: This is a small cocktail bar offering great cocktails. It is primal located just 5 minutes from the main station. It is a favorite hangout for visitors and locals alike and stays open from 7:00 pm until 4:00 am.
- Capobianco: This is a great meeting place for students, families, mangers and punks and consists of 5 bars round a big playground. This is the urban culture centre of the city.
- Ruttenscheid"-District: The best shopping experience can be experienced here. The shopping centre in this district has many shops from your grocery stores to high fashion outlets. There are various eateries also in the mall which offer great food after an afternoon of shopping.
- Nightlife: Visitors can enjoy walks in the streets of Essen, tour guides and sight-seeing. The city has many sites both historical and modern for visitors to explore. Nightlife is also quite vibrant. The city is quite safe for walking around even without company.
Below we have a list of things to do in Essen and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Essen getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Essen with confidence.