Estes Park Tourism
Estes Park in Colorado is located just 90 miles away from Denver and is the base point of the Rocky Mountain National Park. Once called ‘Circle’ by the Arapaho Indians, who resided here in the past, Estes Park is one of the most popular tourist destination in Colorado. There are many hiking trails, museums, wineries, breweries and places for recreation in Estes Park, thus making it a perfect touristy spot. Images of Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park Museum, Peak to Peak Scenic Byway, MacGregor Ranch Museum, The Studio Fine Art and Framing, Snowy Peaks Winery and Stanley Steam Car Museum are some of the most important attractions in Estes Park and one should not miss visiting them. You can also indulge in some wine tasting and take back some bottle of wine by paying a visit to the numerous wineries.
The best time to visit Estes Park is throughout the year except for the months of winter. There are many events and festivals which are organised in Estes Park. The nearest airport is the Denver airport and you can get in by car. People usually travel all the way to Estes Park to visit the oh so popular Rocky Mountain National Park and explore its wildlife.
The most prominent ones being the Estes Park Winter Festival and Vintage Market Days. The types of hotels available in Estes Park are varied and condos are also available for rent. You will also get to see a diverse food culture in Estes Park as everything from Mexican to Chinese food is available here.
To get to the Rocky Mountain National Park from the east entrance, you will have to go through Estes Park. Situated amidst towering mountains, Estes Park has been blessed with a beautiful scenery that makes this postcard town a delight to visit. Despite the altitude, the town remains mildly warm throughout the year. You can plan a holiday in Estes Park anytime of the year. Most visitors would want to go for a trip in the National Park. Besides, the town hosts several events like the Rooftop Rodeo and Elk Fest. Activities here range from rafting, mountain climbing, skiing, fishing etc. Estes Park is a popular tourist destination for the outdoor lovers.
Essential travel information and Estes Park tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Mountain Time Zone (UTC-07:00)
- Currency: United States Dollar (USD)
- Electricity: 110 Volts, 60 Hz. The plug sockets used in Estes Park is (Type A) and grounded 3 pin connections (Type B)
- Languages: English is the predominant language in Estes Park.
- Internet: 3G, 4G and Wi-Fi connections are available in majority of hotels and public places.
- Security: Police: 911, Ambulance: 911, Fire: 911
- Tipping: Tipping is not mandatory. However, if you wish to tip, you can be tip about 15%-20% of the bill.
- Other tips: Beware of pickets. Take care of your belongings in public places.
- Estes Park has people of different ethnicities living here and hence it can be a comfortable visit for people with different religion, caste and even race.
Estes Park Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Estes Park. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Estes Park trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Estes Park
Save 5%Discover Rocky Mountain National Park from Denver or Boulder
8 Hrs140 Reviews
Save 5%Private Hiking Tour to Rocky Mountain National Park from Denver and BoulderNew on TripHobo
Save 5%Sun-Dye Drawstring BackpacksNew on TripHobo
Metal EmbossingNew on TripHobo
Tie-Dye T-shirtNew on TripHobo