Spread over nearly 300 years of horticultural history, these beautiful gardens are set in a very scenic Otter Valley. Set between the ancient city of Exeter and England's Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site; the superbly planned park combines 18th century like views with modern amenities to provide all year round enjoyment for everyone- children and adults alike. Situated in these gardens is a countryside museum, a mini-golf, the Bicton Woodland Railway train ride, a historic glasshouse, nature trail, maze, outdoor and indoor children’s play complexes, shop and restaurant. The Bicton Botanical Gardens consist of the Italian Garden, the American and Stream Gardens, the Mediterranean and Rose Gardens, the Fernery and Shell house, the Hermitage House and the Pinetum and Arboretum. There is basically to miss a visit to their grade 1 gardens.
Bicton Gardens Travel Tips
- Dogs must be kept on a short lead at all times, they are not allowed in the Restaurant area, Orangeries and Childrens’ Play Areas. However, there is outside undercover seating.
- Its better to keep an eye on the children at all times so they do not wander off.
- Do not pluck any plants or flowers.
- Do not eat or drink anywhere in the main garden area so as to not dirty it.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bicton Gardens
- Family (2 Adults and 2 children) £25.95
- Adults £8.95
- Children 2-16 £6.95 Children under 2yrs free
- Concessions £7.95
- Dogs £1.00
How to Reach Bicton Gardens
- St David`s ( Stop B) : Bus no 56, 678, 157. 13.8 miles drive from here. Take a rental cab.
- Exeter Central: 13.0 miles from here. Take a cab.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Exeter before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Exeter and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.72% of people who visit Exeter include Bicton Gardens in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
62.9% of people start their Bicton Gardens visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Bicton Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bicton Gardens