Exeter Chiefs Rugby Union Club78 Votes
- Address: Sandy Park Stadium Sandy Park Way Exeter Devon EX2 7NN, United Kingdom
- Phone: +44-1392890890
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Club
The club was formed in 1871. The first match of Exeter Rugby Club was played against the training college (latterly St Luke’s) on October 26, 1873. Eventually, the club went on to play at the Cricket Field at St Thomas , later to Matford only to come back to the Country Ground, where they stay put until the culmination of the 2005/06 season. In its many years of existence, Exeter Rugby Club has not only enhanced the careers of many fine individual players, but also given them a chance to go on and receive international honors. To list the efforts of wonderful players throughout the decades would surely be a tedious task, but the way the Devon club has grown with time – finally featuring alongside English and European Rugby’s elite teams – is truly commendable!
Exeter Chiefs Rugby Union Club Travel Tips
- This is a rugby club. While watching a match do not sit too close to the field.
- Do not venture into areas which are not allowed for access.
- Try wearing the club`s jersey or at least buy one from the shop to keep as a memory.
Entrance Ticket Details For Exeter Chiefs Rugby Union Club
- Please refer to the website for information on ticket prices.
Exeter Chiefs Rugby Union Club Hours
- Please refer to the website for information on match timings.
How to Reach Exeter Chiefs Rugby Union Club
- 5.3 miles from Exeter Central. First Great Western leaves from here every 30 minutes. Then it is a 14 minutes walk from the nearest station. 8.5 miles from St David`s, Exeter.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Exeter before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Exeter and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.42% of people who visit Exeter include Exeter Chiefs Rugby Union Club in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
55% of people start their Exeter Chiefs Rugby Union Club visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Exeter Chiefs Rugby Union Club
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Exeter Chiefs Rugby Union Club
Exeter Chiefs Rugby Union Club Reviews & Ratings
Awesome as ever. Love spending time here, great atmosphere, clean facilities, friendly and entertaining staff who are security minded yet quite afew can add to the atmosphere and entertainment. Can't beat a good home match, pasties are awesome and beer costs are inline with expectations.
Went to watch my nephew play for England u20 was I lovely stadium friendly staff
The greatest place to be, watching the mighty Chiefs
Fantastic fun, food and service. All people, from car parks to bar staff great.
Amazing ground even better when we win!!