Exeter Racecourse is a thoroughbred horse racing venue. It is located near the city of Exeter, Devon, England. It is known as Haldon racecourse locally, because it is located on top of Haldon Hills. It was officially known as Devon and Exeter until the early 1990s.
The racecourse is also known for the death of famous racehorse Best Mate. He died here of a suspected heart attack while competing in the William Hill Haldon Gold Cup. If you happen to be here while some Cup is scheduled, then you are in for a complete fun filled experience. So do visit the racecourse to experience the beauty while you are at Exeter.
Exeter Racecourse Travel Tips
- There is no formal dress code as such at Exeter Racecourse, although they encourage “smart causal” wear and advise race goers to dress for the weather!
- Fancy dress is permitted at Exeter Racecourse on all days. However, fancy dress will not be permitted if it is liable to cause offence to any other race goers on religious, sexual or political grounds.
- Exeter Racecourse reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone deemed to be dressed inappropriately.
- If your party is considering wearing fancy dress, and in order to avoid any disappointment on the day, we recommend that you call the racecourse and confirm.
- Please be aware that the above also relates to t-shirts carrying slogans that cause offense again on religious, sexual or political grounds to other race goers. In the event of one or all of your party being refused admission no refund will be offered.
- Kindly note that the bringing of your own alcoholic drink into the racecourse is strictly prohibited.
- For your own enjoyment and to avoid disappointment please observe this restriction.
- No alcohol is to be taken off site.
Entrance Ticket Details For Exeter Racecourse
- Please refer to the Events and Tickets section on the official website.
Exeter Racecourse Hours
- Saturday- Sunday (Only if there is a pre-scheduled event)
- Please refer to the official website or updated schedule of race days.
- Recommended time to visit depends on the event.
How to Reach Exeter Racecourse
- 8.2 miles from Exeter Central. Please hire a cab from here. 8.4 miles from St David`s Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Exeter before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Exeter and book an accommodation of your choice.
15.76% of people who visit Exeter include Exeter Racecourse in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
76.19% of people start their Exeter Racecourse visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Exeter Racecourse
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Exeter Racecourse
Exeter Racecourse Reviews & Ratings
Always a great day out. The hospitality is superb. If you haven't been on a race day you simply must!
Great venue for a business seminar, presentation or event. Lots of options, loads of parking and flexible catering choices. Rooms usually very light and airy, due to the hill-top location.
We go here on a Sunday for the car boot sale. It costs £1.00 to get in and there's plenty of parking. The boot sale is generally well supported with loads of stall holders selling second hand goods. There's also a van selling teas, coffees and snacks.
Very nice, small racecourse. I haven't been on race day but have been to many business functions there and these are always well done. Strongly recommended.
My first visit and really enjoyed it. Paddock and finishing line very close together, as were the bars so it was very easy to move around and not miss any of the action. I'll definitely return when I'm back that way.