How to Reach Exeter
HOW TO GET TO EXETER
- By Air : The nearest airport to the center of Exeter is Exeter International which is 10 miles away from the center of the city. This airport has various domestic and international flights coming in and out throughout the day and night.
- By Train : Exeter lies on the London Paddington to Cornwall line, with a train running roughly every hour from Paddington to Exeter through most of the day. Exeter St. David’s is the main train station.
- By Bus : National Express operates a number of bus services from points and places around United Kingdom that take you to the city's bus and coach station- Paris Street.
HOW TO GET AROUND EXETER
- By Foot: The central area of the city is fairly small, hence travelling by foot is the best option to ensure not missing out on even a single spot.
- By Road: There are ample bus services operating within the city offering daily and weekly passes. Choose the one most convenient to you and is close to the hotel you stay in and your trip would be sorted.
- By Train: There are 3-4 small stations in Exeter namely St James Park, Exeter Central (main local station) and St Thomas to connect you to the city by train.
- By Cycle: There are routes meant for cyclists on various roads and can be used if you are up for riding your way through.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Exeter. The most preferred mode of transport in Exeter is Car.
Average distance: 11.97 km Average time: 41 min
Car 44.44%Driving 40 min Walking 3.75 min Overall average time for 19.53 kms 43.75 min
Bike 11.11%Bike 30 min Overall average time for 10 kms 30 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 34.33 min Bike 6.67 min Overall average time for 2.54 kms 41 min