Killerton House, ExeterCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Broadclyst, Exeter, Devon, EX5 3LE, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1392881345
- Fax: +1-01392883112
- Ticket Price: 10 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Landmarks
About Killerton House, Exeter
Paulise de Bush collection, on display in period rooms is not the only reason to visit Killerton House. Apart from the possession of these 18th-20th century costumes, Killerton house boasts of an enriching history. Built by Sir Thomas Acland in 1778, this house has been open to Public since it belongs to the National Trust since 1944. The extremely beautiful garden was created in the 1770s by John Veitch, who was a leading landscape designer of that time. Some of the garden`s prominent features are: rhododendrons, magnolias, herbaceous borders and rare trees, as well as a 19th century summer house and an ice house. You can visit the surrounding parkland and woods while taking a number of circular walks. Killerton was handed over to the National Trust by British politician Sir Richard Dyke Acland.
Killerton House Information
- It is a well maintained property. Please maintain decorum.
- Do not touch things kept in the house.
- Do not carry eatables and drinks around with you so as to not dirty the place.
- It is a considerably long walk. Wear appropriate footwear.
Killerton House Ticket Prices
- Adult: £11.20
- Child: £5.60
- Family (one adult): £16.80
- Family: £27.90
- Group adult: n/a
- Group child: n/a
- Adult: £10.15
- Child: £5.05
- Family (one adult): £15.20
- Family: £25.35
- Group adult: £9.00
- Group child: £4.50
Clyston Mill, Marker's and Budlake Post Office
- Adult: £4.50
- Child: £2.25
- Family: £11.00
Reduced rate when Killerton house closed £7.50 (£6.75), child £3.80 (£3.40).
Killerton House Opening and Closing Hours
- Marker's, Budlake Post Office and Clyston Mill are open from 28 March - 1 November.
- The website is updated on daily basis.
How To reach Killerton House by Public Transport
- By train: Exeter Central and St David's, both 7 miles
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Exeter before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Exeter and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Killerton House
95% of people who visit Exeter include Killerton House in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
36.26% of people start their Killerton House visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Killerton House
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Killerton House
Killerton House, Exeter Reviews
All QuestionsKillerton house
Find places near Killerton House, Exeter
The Red Lion Inn Church Close2.973 km away
The Old Cider Barn Tea Rooms & Restaurant Newhall Farm0.751 km away
Murco A396, Tiverton Rd2.957 km away
The Courtyard Thorndon HouseRewe2.994 km away
B D & L Kelly Hayne House1.643 km away
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Exeter
- Arts Council England South West
- Exeter Mosque
- Saint Michael And All Angels
- Stthomas Railway Station
- Cathedral Gardens, Exeter
- Catholic Chaplaincy Exeter University
- Bike Shed Theatre Productions
- Amelia Jane Designs Murals & Decorative Painting
- Mrs Compost
- Tintagel Castle