Angel Rocks TrailCurrently Open
- Address: Chena River State Recreation Area, Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Hiking Trail
For over a century, the area around here has been a favored hiking spot. The rejuvenating hot springs, the volcanic geologic granite rock pillars, as well as the scenic drive to the spot all Alaskan classics. The best way to take in the area, then, is by way of one or both of the following trails:
- Angel Rocks Trail (3.5 mile loop) : Begin on the north fork of the river, climb for spectacular views over the granite pillars. Easily accessible from the trail head parking. You may see people climbing and rappelling.
- Angel Rocks to Chena Hot Springs Trail (8.3 miles one-way) : This all day hike will take your right to the hot springs; on a clear day, you'll get fantastic views of Alaska Range, Chena Dome, Far Mountain, and Bear Paw Butte. You have to pay to dip in the springs.
Angel Rocks Trail Travel Tips
- There may be a small parking fee at the trailhead.
- You can download the trail map and description online.
Entrance Ticket Details For Angel Rocks Trail
- USD 15 to dip in the springs (+USD 5 if you need a towel)
How to Reach Angel Rocks Trail
- Take Chena Hot Springs Road; look for signs to the Angel Rock Trailhead. Don't cross the hot springs; the trailhead begins before that.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fairbanks before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fairbanks and book an accommodation of your choice.
33.4% of people who visit Fairbanks include Angel Rocks Trail in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
40% of people start their Angel Rocks Trail visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Angel Rocks Trail
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Angel Rocks Trail