Birch Hill Recreation AreaCurrently Closed
- Address: Fairbanks North Star, 101 Wilderness Dr, Fairbanks, AK 99709, United States
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9074574488
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Golf Course, Family And Kids, Adventure, Hill, Skiing
Birch Hill Recreation Area - Review
It is a beloved spot of the hikers because of its thrilling and challenging trails. The staff members are very helpful and make you feel safe. The infrastructure of this place is well thought-out. Situated not very far from the town, this place is an adventurer’s delight.
- A comfortable warm lodge if you feel like spending the night.
- Residential huts with 24-hour restroom facilities.
- Park is open to the public for free.
- A 2500 sq foot Assembly room.
- 18-Hole Disc Golf Course.
- Night Skiing.
Birch Hill Recreation Area Information
- No credit cards accepted.
- In summer, services are only opened on reservation basis.
Birch Hill Recreation Area Ticket Prices
- $ 250 Security deposit (Refunded after stay).
- You may donate to Nordic Ski Club of Fairbanks for trail grooming.
Birch Hill Recreation Area Hours
Summer (March - October):
- Park: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
How To reach Birch Hill Recreation Area by Public Transport
- By car or train.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fairbanks before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fairbanks and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Birch Hill Recreation Area
27.4% of people who visit Fairbanks include Birch Hill Recreation Area in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
80% of people start their Birch Hill Recreation Area visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Birch Hill Recreation Area
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Birch Hill Recreation Area
People normally also visit Dog Musher's Museum while planning their trip to Birch Hill Recreation Area.
Birch Hill Recreation Area Trips
Birch Hill Recreation Area, Fairbanks Reviews
We loved and utilized Birch Hill every winter. Great place to spend any extra time one had and get onto the slopes and hills. Fun. Affordable. Definitely a Fort Wainwright/Fairbanks experience. I also enjoyed parties and weddings at their facilities. Great place.
Great place for a walk and run, with different lenght you want. The birch trees are beatiful.
Great weather there. Quiet place to enjoy nature
Best maintained cross country ski trails that I have been on. UAF would be a close second.
Well maintained trails and clean facilities if youre there for a run, a hike, or frisbee golf (or skiing if it's winter).