How to Reach Fairbanks - The Easiest Way to Reach Fairbanks
HOW TO GET TO FAIRBANKS
- By Air: Fairbanks International Airport receives direct flights from Anchorage and Barrow and sometimes Vancouver and Seattle.
- By Train: During summer, the famous Alaska Railroad plies between Fairbanks and Anchorage. Fares are between USD 160 – USD 210 for a one way ticket.
- By Car: During summer, many like to take the leisurely drive up the George Parks Highway from Anchorage to Fairbanks. It’s a once in a lifetime sort of ride. Gas can be expensive.
HOW TO GET AROUND FAIRBANKS
- By Car: It’s best to rent a car of your own to get around Fairbanks; there are plenty of car rental agencies all over.
- By Taxi: There are number of taxi companies that ply throughout the city.
- By Bus: Though the buses are sparse, there are multiple bus line, color coded, that provide a decent enough coverage of the city, provided you don’t mind spending some time while waiting at the bus stops.
Are you looking for a Fairbanks travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
How to Reach Fairbanks from Nearby Cities
|North pole to Fairbanks||56.8 km||56 mins|
|Delta junction to Fairbanks||222.17 km||3 hours 42 mins|
|Palmer to Fairbanks||301.42 km||5 hours 1 mins|
|Anchorage to Fairbanks||371.48 km||6 hours 11 mins|
|Seattle to Fairbanks||3092.89 km||51 hours 32 mins|
|Tacoma to Fairbanks||3093.42 km||51 hours 33 mins|
|Kirkland to Fairbanks||3102.35 km||51 hours 42 mins|
|Portland to Fairbanks||3129.34 km||52 hours 9 mins|
|Medford to Fairbanks||3230.3 km||53 hours 50 mins|
|San francisco to Fairbanks||3455.97 km||57 hours 35 mins|