Large Animal Research Station103 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 2220 Yankovich Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99709, United States
- Timings: 09:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9074745724
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Farm
Locally known as LARS or the Muskox Farm, the centre is managed by the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, which established it in 1970 for the purposes of nutritional, physiological and behavioral research. Now, it also includes reindeer, caribou, and moose colonies. While all visitors can get a glimpse of the animals for free from the parking lot, you need to pay for tours that will take you in the animal's lives and significance (and also let you get up close with the newborn calves).
Large Animal Research Station Travel Tips
- Reservations are recommended in case of large groups.
Entrance Ticket Details For Large Animal Research Station
- USD 9 for military and seniors (>65)
- USD 6 for students
- Free for under 5 years
Large Animal Research Station Hours
- Tours start at 10 a.m., 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. and last about 90 minutes each
- Gate and picnic areas are open on all days, June - August, except Sunday and Monday
How to Reach Large Animal Research Station
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fairbanks before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fairbanks and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.83% of people who visit Fairbanks include Large Animal Research Station in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
43.75% of people start their Large Animal Research Station visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Large Animal Research Station
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Large Animal Research Station