Are you looking for what to do in Fairbanks?
THINGS TO SEE
- University of Alaska Museum of the North: Hands down the grandest science exhibit of the circumpolar north with over 1.5 million exhibits. Check out the light and sound show.
- Pioneer Park: Tourist traps get a bad reputation, but when they’re done this well, everything is worth it. Campsite, playground, dinner theatre, art exhibits, golf, a river cruise. You couldn’t ask for better.
- Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum: A beautiful collection of 70 vintage cars.
- The Aurora Ice Museum: Crafted and maintained by an award-winning husband and wife ice sculptor duo, the museum also serves up an ice bar, and a chandelier to blow your mind.
- Running Reindeer Ranch: A very homely and intimate introduction into the lives of some of Alaska’s iconic mammals – reindeers.
- Creamer's Field Migratory Waterfowl Refuge: Trails and wetlands make this one of the best places in the state to get close to wildlife.
THINGS TO DO
- Riverboat Discovery: The city’s favourite tour takes you through local culture and history, including a stop to the Chena Indian Village and the meeting of the Chena and Tanana Rivers.
- Gold Dredge 8: A two hour tour of the Alaska's gold mining history, as seen at the El Dorado Gold Mine and Gold Dredge No. 8. You can pan for your own gold!
Below we have a list of things to do in Fairbanks and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Fairbanks getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Fairbanks with confidence.