Icacos Island, a self-contained slice of heaven on earth. Located off the coast of Fajardo, Puerto Rico, it is enveloped by aquamarine and turquoise waters. You are in a private paradise. The smile of the sun is upon you and the abundance of soft white sand surround you. The water as clear as glass, under a vast blue and soft sea breeze lull your senses. Penetrate the depths of the sea to a whole new world!
Take a water taxi to Icacos Island and be totally relaxed. The Island is big so you cannot walk around it easily. The ocean side is rough and rocky with waves breaking over the rocks and the leeward side is very calm and lovely. Beach combing is abundant on this island, exploring is boundless for anyone who doesn't want to spend much time in the water. But stay on the sand, if you go into the foliage you will accidently step on burrs. You will find live conch in beds of water, and tidal pools all over the island. Snorkelling is limited in these waters but you can get your gear all the same.
When the snorkel catamarans stop at this snorkel spot at about 11am, the beach is abuzz with tourists. They will be sharing space with you till noon. The reefs which are located on the rough side of the island has much more to offer while snorkelling. Sting rays and Octopus, Trunk fish, and large schools of fish invite you to join their world. From one of the many lagoons on Icacos Island you can see the El Yunque Mountains in the background, on mainland Puerto Rico.
The beach is clean, so keep it that way. There are no facilities on this island, so you have to bring everything you need to be comfortable at the beach, and also bring a trash bag to take back litter with you. When you are done for the day your boat will show up to take you back home in time for dinner.
Cayo Icacos Island Travel Tips
- Remember to take everything and bring everything back from Icacos Island.
- Take plenty of waterproof sunscreen and apply often and generously. It is a white coral beach and the sun reflects off the sand.
- Get you beach umbrella, swim wears, towels, food, drinks, personal floatation devices.
- Wear the correct footwear to avoid the sand burrs.
- Bring bug spray- sand fleas come out after showers and later in the afternoon.
- Carry drinking water and change of clothes. Wear a long sleeve white or light blue shirt then you really won't get sunburned.
- Boricuba: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Puerto Rican
- Port House Restaurant: Caribbean
- La Estrella Del Norte: Caribbean
- Blossoms: Asian
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fajardo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fajardo and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.91% of people who visit Fajardo include Cayo Icacos Island in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
62.5% of people start their Cayo Icacos Island visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Cayo Icacos Island
86.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cayo Icacos Island