Crunch barefoot over the glittering powder sand and sink into the warm waters. Head out to explore the beach, and enjoy maritime hospitality and stories of the local flora and fauna that go along with it. Sail aboard East Wind catamaran and glide through the protected Caribbean waters of Fajardo for an adventure you will not forget!
A catamaran is a multihull vessel consisting of two parallel hulls of equal size. It provides comfort, space, ergonomics, safety and simplicity in living and manoeuvring. The East Wind has extensive decks for sun bathing, on board toilet facilities, safety devices and an experienced Puerto Rican crew.
Don your gear (masks, snorkel, wetsuit and more) and head out with family and new friends into crystal clear aquamarine waters where sea turtles play! Or sit back on deck and watch the kids enjoy the Sea Slide while sipping an icy Pina coladas. Discover uninhabited islands and cays with secluded, sandy beaches. Even non swimmers are taught how to snorkel or just enjoy their underwater windows which gives you great views of the aquatic world underwater.
The high speed catamaran zips off to Culebra Island, famous for its beautiful white sand beaches, turquoise waters and extensive colourful reefs. Discover the beauty of powdery white sand as it glistens in the sun on Flamenco or Culebrita beaches. They also have night excursion to Vieques Island for a tour of the bio-luminescent bay, and return to the mainland the same night. Although East Island Excursions plans the trip, Mother Nature rules. The trip can be different every day, depending on the weather, water and wind conditions. The Captain decides each day which places are the best and safest, depending on the current conditions. Once you sign in with East Island Excursions, you’re welcome to board the boat and choose a table to sit at.
The trip typically stops at a nice reef in the Luis Peña Marine Reserve. There you are briefed on the reefs and they give out snorkel gear. If you need a lesson or review on snorkelling, the crew is happy to help you out.
At this spot the bar will open and all sorts of refreshments are available ranging from rum cocktails, to sodas and juices. After an hour of fun, you head off to the second site. Lunch is also served at this point. It’s a buffet with many mouth-watering dishes and a sumptuous vegetarian delight as well. After lunch you can explore this cove to find a number of natural salt water pools — some with cool water, some with warm water. Here you can snorkel or go back to the boat and enjoy the open bar, the sun, and talking to other people.
The return journey to Fajardo may be smoother so you can sit on the outside benches and enjoyed the scenery, sun and sea air on the way home.
East Island Excursions Travel Tips
- The ticket price includes lunch buffet, Pina Colada, Rum Punch, sodas, water, iced tea and juices. Beer is available for $2.00 each.
- This trip departs from the marina at 9:30am and returns around 4:00pm. They ask you to arrive around 9am so everyone can sign in, pay, etc. and still get going on time.
- You can take a trip to the bio-bay the same evening, so you can check-off 2 things from your list in 1 day.
- You can protect yourself from both mosquito borne diseases such as chikungunya and dengue by using insect repellent containing DEET.
- Tip the bartender, tour guide or trip operator if you enjoyed yourself. Gratuities are appreciated and typically aren't included in the price they charge you.
- Bring towels, sun glasses and sunscreen. Wear light clothing over your swimsuit. Underwater cameras and sunscreen are available for purchase on-board. Always drink responsibly, and snorkel at your own risk.
- Be advised that our Snorkelling beach Trips travel in open waters that may not be appropriate for pregnant women and children under 3 years of age. You can call us day before your trip to get an update on water conditions.
- Evening excursions depends on the time of the year, 5:00pm to 10:30pm Winter / 6:00pm -11:30pm Summer.
- Rate per person: Adults $119.00, Children (10 and under) $99.00 (plus taxes).
- Cancellation policy: 10:00am day before scheduled trip the reservations can be cancelled for 1-9 passengers + passengers two days prior with No penalty.
- No-show: All guest must be at marina half an hour prior trip, if not credit card on file will be charged in full and a reschedule fee of $25.00 per person will apply to change date.
- Single and double swimming platform where you have easy access to the water.
- Snorkelling instruction for beginners.
Entrance Ticket Details For East Island Excursions
- Child: $ 69.
- An additional 7% is payable as tax.
- Natural Resource Fee of $ 4 is payable as well.
East Island Excursions Hours
- Evening excursion at around 5pm.
- The recommended time to visit is at 9am.
- Dulce Aroma: Café, Bistro, Pasta, Soups & sandwiches
- Dragons of the Seas: Latin
- Porterhouse: Caribbean
- Golden Sweet Bakery: Bakery
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fajardo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fajardo and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.29% of people who visit Fajardo include East Island Excursions in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
75.86% of people start their East Island Excursions visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see East Island Excursions
87.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting East Island Excursions