Enchanted Island Eco Tours, Fajardo
Enchanted Island Eco Tours, Fajardo - Address, Phone Number
Address: Hc 01 box 12802, Fajardo 00745, Puerto Rico
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 3.8K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Forest, Hiking Trail, Biking Trail, Tour, Walking Area, Entertainment, Adventure, Water Sport, Nature, Bird Watching
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Enchanted Island Eco Tours, Fajardo
Step out of the bustle of urban life to the heart of nature and have unforgettable nature experience with the Enchanted Island Eco Tours. Discover primitive ecosystems in the tropical rain forest, covered in lichen, moss and ferns and flowering plants, or Bioluminescent Bay, a mystical bay surrounded by mangrove forests. Enjoy calm, quiet paddling through mystical channels and gazeat nature awakening around you. Enlighten yourself as you go through the eight eco system under the darkness of night waiting to reveal deep secrets.
The Enchanted Island Eco Tour guides are knowledgeable and trained to preserve the eco system of Puerto Rico and they do that with a passion which they will share with you. Their focus is to promote the most wonderful eco experience during your visit to this natural wonder. This is the oldest tour company with 13 years’ experience and the most organised group. The duration of each tour is for 3 hours, of which kayaking is for a full 2 hours. Apart from kayaking, tours include hiking & Nature walk, and biking.
Rainforest Nature Walk to Waterfall Adventure is an unforgettable adventure of lush plants, hardwood trees, cloud forests, dwarf forest, rivers, waterfalls, brightly multi coloured birds, insects, lizards and beautiful flowers. Watch tree iguanas move down from their roost and start to warm their bodies in the sun and Red Mangrove crabs forage for food, Great White Egrets and Blue Herons stalk the shallows looking for a meal, Kingfishers, Brown Pelicans, 36 species of Warblers, Frigates, insects, all emerging to a new day in the Nature Lovers Kayak Adventure. The Bio Bay Kayak adventure lead you through a mangrove lined channel into Laguna Bay where you see a wondrous sight as bioluminescent blue-green and fish of forty different species dart off from under your kayak lighting up like shooting stars as they swim through the thick concentration of dinoflagellate. Full Moon Eco Kayak Adventure is a guided tour focusing on the areas seven eco systems, flora and fauna, historical lighthouse and if conditions are right a possible glimpse of the planktons in the shaded sections of the mangrove channel. Under the moonlight beautiful shadows play on the water, filtered light brings out many of the nocturnal birds feeding in the shadows, along with star studded skies.
They offer day & night fully guided Nature & Adventure tours, round trip transportation from your hotel to the tour site and back to your hotel.
Enchanted Island Eco Tours Information
- The Triple Play Adventure includes criollo lunch ticket prices are $ 145 per person and $ 185 with transport from your hotel and back.
- The Bioluminescent Bay Kayak Adventure is $ 68 per person and $ 88 with transport from the hotel and back.
- Nature Lovers Kayak Adventure is $ 68 per person and $ 88 with transport.
- Rainforest Nature Walk to Waterfall Adventure is $ 60 per person and $ 85 with transport.
- Full moon Eco Kayak Adventure also has different rates according to transport. Check when the tours are available.
- The tours includes guides, double kayaks, insect repellent, life jackets, safety gear, interpretation of the natural areas, photos , snacks and refreshments.
- The tours in the rain forest include backpacks, towels, snacks, water and tour guides that will give you commentary along Big Tree Trail on the way to La Mina waterfall.
- They offer two time frames that average two hours on trial time along with a lightweight canvas backpack and clean dry towel for each guest, its 2 hours on the trail and one hour at the site.
- The guides are trained twice a month on the natural area and its ecosystem, flora and fauna as to deliver a better interpretation to guests.
- Tourists are not encouraged to use body products which will endanger the environment.
- The sites are cleaned regularly and tourists are expected to keep the sites trash free and use the proper disposal system.
- Company owners and guide staff assist in clean-ups around the island hoping to set an example that littering is not the right choice.
Enchanted Island Eco Tours Opening and Closing Hours
- The recommended time to visit is at 9 am.
Restaurants Near Enchanted Island Eco Tours
- Boricuba: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Puerto Rican
- Port House Restaurant: Caribbean
- Blossoms: Asian
- La Estrella Del Norte: Caribbean
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fajardo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fajardo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Enchanted Island Eco Tours, Fajardo Reviews - Write a Review
Had a great bio bay kayak excursion. The guides provided a lot of training and guidance. It's a surreal experience, even a little scary, paddling through the darkness, but catching glimpses of the luminescent organisms was amazing. Some of the more experience kayakers who felt entitled to be upfront were jerky about paddling, but people who couldn't hack it were towed by the other guides. I would recommend this outfit to everyone.
This tour was awesome! Our guides were extremely knowledgeable on kayaking, the ecosystem and they also made us feel very safe. There were times it was very dark and did get a bit scary but we never felt unsafe because of them. They taught us a lot of cool information about the wildlife and they were a fun group of guys.The only thing we didn't like was that other kayaks ( not in our tour) did not have lights on them so it is a safety hazard. I would 100% recommend this tour to anyone who enjoys being outdoors, people who are active and also like water sports. :)
I would give it a 5 star if i was someone into outdoor activities. It was a really nice tour with the kayak; our guides were really helpful and knowledgeable. We were towed by one of the guides all the way into lagoon, but we got the hang of it on our way back so we didnt need to be towed. It was really dark, so if you fear darkness, this is not for you. The place was beautiful and the whole experience was very nice. However, at the shore, it smelled so bad because of the decay of leaves (not their fault) and also they make you walk through the water that was filled with disgusting goey leaves to ride the kayak (this was the worst thing for me, it was very disgusting and i had it). I also didnt know what to expect, i was wearing an expensive sandal and jeans which lead to it getting really wet and ruined. Wear something comfortable, with swimming shoes or sneakers.
Great service And very helpful. When i got there, they set down the rules and the best way to kayak. Once out there we made it to the middle of the ocean and a storm came so we couldnt finish the tour. Thanks to the experienced workers, they helped my lady and i back to shore because tide was pulling us in. With there help, safety and understanding of mother nature we still had a great time and was refunded since we didnt get the full experience.
They really are the eco minded tour company. If you want cheap, this is not the place. But if you want well trained, thoughtful, and professional, they are spot on. The kayak to the lagoon is not bad, but it feels much longer on the way back, as you've paddled a couple hours by then. There were a wide range of experience levels with us, and we all survived. However, if you're uncomfortable literally sitting for three hours straight, you should think otherwise.