Fajardo Ferry419 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Puerto Rico 195, Fajardo, 00738 Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +00738-7878630705
- Ticket Price: 2 USD
- Tags: Outdoors, Waterfront, Entertainment, Boating, Ferry
Walk to the pier and step into the ferry, leave the city behind. Enjoy the soft sea breeze on your face. Let the unobstructed scenery unfold before you, the hidden beaches, the impressive mountains, innumerable coves, little bays, and coast lines with forests. Relax and get to feel the rhythm of the place and even get to know some of the local passengers. They all have a story to tell about themselves and the pride they feel about Puerto Rico. Admire their home from the unique perspective of the Fajardo Ferry.
Riding a ferry at a pleasant pace give ferries big appeal among travellers and commuters. A ferry is a boat or ship, used to carry passengers, and sometimes vehicles and cargo as well, across a body of water. Most ferries operate on regular, frequent, return services. The Fajardo ferry travels 7 days a week and does 6 trips per day. Three of those trips from Fajardo to Culebra and three are from Culebra back to Fajardo. The ferry called La Lancha, is an economical way to get to the islands of Culebra and Vieques These ferries carry about 200-600 passengers and run during the day hours, 365 days a year. Once you are aboard the vessel, follow the directions of the sailors. They are dressed in blue and they help you with your luggage.
If the water is choppy, then it will be difficult for you to walk on board, so if you have to use the restroom, it’s advisable to use the ones at the port. The ferry has its own restrooms as well. The ferries are air-conditioned, so it gets chilly inside. There is accommodation outside as well but fewer seats. It is an ideal location to enjoy watching the ocean from the upper deck. The keys, Vieques Island, the soft clouds gathering, birds flying directly above your head. If you are travelling during sunset, watch the sky turn colour and red and orange shimmer over the water. If you are travelling between the months of February to April, then you can spot whales and dolphins on their migratory trail.
Sea sickness bags are available on-board. If you are prone to motion sickness, take medication at least one hour before boarding the ferry so that is ready to work when you need it. The ferry's port is located on an eastern city of Puerto Rico called Fajardo. Four vessels run between the town of Fajardo and Vieques several times a day. The ride generally takes about one hour and 15 minutes. The car ferry takes about two hours. The time may vary upon the boat you board and the weather conditions. If you are carrying ice coolers, you might have to pay extra, ask the ticket attendant for more information. There is a cargo ferry available several times a day which also takes passengers. Be advised that if all car reservations are on board, the ferry may leave earlier. You will need a reservation for the cargo ferry. Be sure to arrive to the dock at least a half hour before departure time, and at least on hour on weekends and holidays.
Fajardo Ferry Travel Tips
- You can bring coolers, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, snorkel gear with you.
- The coolers and large things will be stored away from the seating areas- usually outside or in the front or the back of the boat. There is an additional charge for this.
- Animals are allowed on the ferry if they are in a crate or cage and you have paid the fee for them. Bikes are only allowed on the cargo ferry.
- Carry some very light shawls or jackets because the cabin is air-conditioned.
- To make a reservation by phone you will need a Visa or MasterCard credit card. You will be able to pick up your tickets at the Fajardo Terminal on the day of your trip.
- If you buy the tickets personally at the Terminal you will be able to pay in cash, with an ATM, or with a credit card.
- To make reservations you need to be patient and persistent as they sometimes are hard to reach on the phone.
- Announcements are made in Spanish, if you can’t understand, ask the locals or the attendant.
- Generally they allow seniors, disabled people, and regular locals to board first and then the tourists, so be patient.
- The gate for the elderly people is a different one from the gate that the residents and tourists use. Please, be kind and let the residents go first, they use the ferry daily.
- If you want to avoid the queue then go on weekdays. When you get off the ferry, there are eateries nearby and plenty of taxis.
- Depending on the wind, the diesel exhaust can leave a stench which is very unpleasant.
- Other contact numbers: 787-863-0852, 787-863-4560 and Toll Free no. is 800-981-2002.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fajardo Ferry
- Adults ages 60 and under: $ 2, Round Trip: $2.00 One way, Children ages between 3-11: $ 1 one way.
- Seniors 60 to 74: $ 1 one way.
- Seniors 75 and over: Free.
- There is an additional cost for cargo ferry.
- People with disabilities: $1
- People with Medicare card: $ 1
- Parking in the public lot costs $5 per day plus tax.
Fajardo Ferry Hours
Cargo Ferry Schedule: Monday - Fridays: 4.00 am, 6.30 am, 9.30 am, 10.30, 2.30 pm, 4.30 pm, Saturdays- 9.30 am, 3.30 pm, Sundays- 11 am, 5.30 pm.
- Las Nenas Café: Café
- Golden Sweet Bakery: Bakery
- El Varadero: Seafood
- Dulce Aroma: Bistro, Pasta, Soup and sandwiches
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fajardo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fajardo and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Fajardo Ferry Address: Puerto Rico 195, Fajardo, 00738
- Fajardo Ferry Contact Number: +00738-7878630705
- Fajardo Ferry Timing: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Fajardo Ferry Price: 2 USD
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
60.99% of people who visit Fajardo include Fajardo Ferry in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
42.2% of people start their Fajardo Ferry visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Fajardo Ferry
82.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fajardo Ferry
People normally club together Pure Adventure and Kayaking Puerto Rico Adventures while planning their visit to Fajardo Ferry.
Fajardo Ferry Reviews & Ratings
Hello I want to see if there is a ferry from Fajardo to Old San JuanAnswer Report Abuse
What is the process to take a car. what do you need. title... Is it a different boat What is the price What are the departure schedulesAnswer Report Abuse
Hay boletos para hoy en la mañanaAnswer Report Abuse
Is there currently a ferry ride from Fajardo to St. Thomas on Saturday mornings @ 8:00am? If so, can you purchase tickets ahead of time?Answer Report Abuse
Hello, what are the times for the ferry on Wednesday June 30th,2021?Answer Report Abuse
Hello, I wanted to ask if this ferry will be going to Culebra?Answer Report Abuse