Kayaking Puerto Rico Adventures, Fajardo
Kayaking Puerto Rico Adventures, Fajardo - Address, Phone Number
Address: Road 987, Km. 5 Las Croabas, Fajardo 00738, Puerto Rico
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2.7K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Entertainment, Adventure, Water Sport
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Kayaking Puerto Rico Adventures, Fajardo
Summer in Fajardo brings the scent of sea and forest as you dip your paddle into deep, pristine and crystal clear water. See the water ripple out before you. Listen to waves lapping and feel the kayak gently rocking as you make your way past white sandy coastlines and the delicate ecosystem in which you’re paddling. At the Kayaking Puerto Rico Adventures Inc. learn the simple skills needed to paddle and steer a kayak.
The kayak trips include snorkelling, beach exploration. And hiking through the intact nature reserves of the east coast of Puerto Rico and the Island of Culebra. Discover a Cay as you paddle across the intense marine fauna. The Cay is pronounced as key and is much smaller than an island and home to tropical birds. Jump out of the kayak into the pure water and discover some of the most stunning marine life in the Caribbean.
Experience Puerto Rico’s most popular nature attractions in one day in an interpretive guided tour to El Yunque Rainforest and a fascinating Eco Kayak Adventure to Fajardo’s Bio Bay. At the Bio Bay discover all the secret of the fragile eco system. The tour includes interesting details about the reserve ecology, star constellations, and a fascinating encounter with billions of bioluminescent organisms. Watch how every stroke of your paddle leaves behind a glowing blue green light.
The hiking tour explores two different trails and hike through three different levels of the forest. They start at the El Portal Visitor Centre known as the Gateway to the Forest which educates tourists with a short informative film about the forest. There is an observation tower where you get a 360 degrees view of the forest. The first hike is through La Mina River making your way to the falls. Next up is the Big Tree with towering trees dating back 300 years. The hike to La Mina falls is very strenuous therefore tourists have to be in good physical shape.
Yet another adventure is called Skipper yourself mini boat, a unique aquatic adventure where you captain your own boat across the beautiful clear waters of eastern Puerto Rico, stopping at striking small vacant islands with soft white sand. The trip begins on the docks of Puerto Chico where the mini boat guide await you. Before launching, each captain and crew will receive complete instructions and safety orientation.
No matter what your level of aquatic experience is, or with whom you are traveling with, Kayaking Puerto Rico has the right tour for you. They provide light snacks on our kayaking trips, including Island-grown, fresh tropical fruits, snacks and cold beverages.
Kayaking Puerto Rico Adventures Information
- For the day tour, it will take 9 hours and the excursions are not meant for the elderly or handicapped or pregnant, since a lot of trekking is involved.
- Also not recommended for those with weak knee or back or with heart conditions, or for those who recently had a surgery.
- Swimming is not permitted in the bay.
- Water is provided throughout the day, along with light refreshments.
- They pick you from the hotel and drop you off when done.
- Carry a back pack with a towel, and change of dry clothes.
- Close toed shoes or water shoes are recommended for the kayaking tours whereas comfortable hiking shoes are best when hiking and bathing suits are a must.
- Carry money for dinner and your camera. Do bring a rain jacket if you are visiting during the rainy season.
- If you are on the mini boat tour, duration is for 3and half hours. Each boat is equipped with a cooler filled with snacks and refreshments.
- There is a one beach stop and one snorkelling session.
- Tour starts at 8.30am and there is another tour at 1pm, reservation is required for both.
- Children 6 years of age can come for these tours and the captain has to be18 and above.
- In the group kayaking tours, they cater to family reunions, bachelor’s party, church groups, clubs, and scout trips.
- If you have a particular snack food that you enjoy, or are the type of person who needs to snack regularly while active, you are welcome to bring your own snacks.
- The tour starts at the entrance to the bay and is more like a fairgrounds, with lots of food vendors and other tour operator's stands.
- June and July is the best time in the water because the water is a lot warmer.
Kayaking Puerto Rico Adventures Opening and Closing Hours
- The recommended time to visit is at 9 am.
Restaurants Near Kayaking Puerto Rico Adventures
- Kavista: Caribbean
- La Piccolo Fontana: Italian
- Chops Steakhouse: Steakhouse
- The House of Pastelillos: Latin
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fajardo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fajardo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kayaking Puerto Rico Adventures, Fajardo Reviews
The tour is amazing. It is fun. The staffs are nice and welcome. But the luminesce is not as what i imaged, maybe due to hurricane. Highly recommend.
This was totally awesome and the guides were excellent we even took our 7 yr old special needs daughter and she did great they were very helpful so we could all enjoy ourselves and its such a cool experience seeing the bio bay and they were very informative all in all its a great experience for anyone and they are they best service outta them all
# 1 Company to travel with. The staff (not just the guides, but also the sweetheart Camilla that works in the office) are incredible. We have taken two tours with them - the Kayak to Culebra/snorkel tour and Mini boat/snorkel adventure. Both were so educational! The guides really stopped to educate us and meaningfully answered all of our questions. They all have a wonderful sense of humor and keep you laughing the whole time. You can't go wrong with this company! We'll be taking their bio bay tour tonight and will post a review on that as well. Thank you KP for making this a special trip we will never forget!
It's awesome tour!! Good service start from giving your tickets, picking you up to teaching your kayaking. All services are warm and nice. What's more, the persons who guide us, like Joe, Michael, Will, all of them are VERY patient if you no nothing about swim and kayaking. Thank you so much for their help and AWESOME service. We left nice memories here!
We research a lot of snorkeling adventures and chose this one based on price and the activities associated with the trip. We were NOT disappointed in anyway. The crew was knowledgeable, organized, safe, and professional. The snorkeling was excellent. The first reef we went to had a large number of jellyfish so out of safety concerns we moved to a second reef which was excellent. The food and drink was just right. The white sand beach we spent the afternoon at was beautify and allow for more exploration at our own pace. The ride back to the dock included music and dancing. Too bad it had to end. I highly recommend this trip when in Puerto Rico!!!