Connect with the spirit of water and air as you skipper your own mini boat. Watch the coastline, the beautiful white-sand beaches fringed by reefs. Take your mini boat out into the ocean and find your own sandy spot to relax, surf, snorkel, hike, and fish. Feel the simplicity of Nature as you discover uninhabited cays. Treat yourself to the Mini Boat Adventures if you love the water, for this is truly a fabulous way to explore Fajardo.
Mini Boat Adventures is an innovative Puerto Rican adventure company specializing in entertaining people with natural oriented beach exploration and snorkelling excursions. They want you to appreciate and understand Puerto Rican culture and tradition. They captivate you with tales of local legends and native history, show you the relationship between the ecosystem and the different organisms that depend on it to survive.
The Mini Boat Adventure boats are 13-foot, solid-hulled, inflatable-sided boats that can hold up to 4 people. They are docked at Puerto Chico Marina in Fajardo and trip goes over to some of the many cays off the east coast of Fajardo. The Mini Boat Adventures provides easy-to-follow directions and signs. After the paperwork in the office is done, you have to meet your guides who will brief you as to where you will be going, how to work the boat, and the safety rules. It is pretty simple to ride the boat, there is an ignition key, a steering wheel and a lever you move for speed.
Along the way to Icacos you will enjoy the vistas of the mountains of El Yunque Rainforest, the Mangrove- lined coast and Fajardo’s 130 year old Spanish lighthouse. At Icacos you moor the boats and get a quick lesson on snorkelling. Each boat comes with its own snorkel gear (mask, snorkel and fins), which are all in very good condition. The guides are patient and let you take time in practising how to use the snorkel gear. . Join the guides in the ceremony with your small group, and feel connected to people who live in perfect harmony with nature. Sip on refreshments and snack on granola bars which are in the coolers provided in each boat.
After an hour on this island, get set to do some more island hopping. This time to the jaw dropping island of Palominitos. This small Island is surrounded by coral reefs features incredible turquoise water, pure white sand beaches and a lovely view back to the mainland. The water is inhabited by southern stingrays, different types of sea urchins, and moray eel. The water is home to spotted eagle rays as well!
Concluding our time in Palominitos, board the mini boats once more for the journey home to the Marina. There you can check out souvenir shops, along with your picture from your first Mini Boat Adventure voyage!
Mini Boat Adventures Travel Tips
- Described order of destinations may vary, because the guides will take you to destinations depending on the weather.
- They provide transportation for pick and drop off. They pick up 45 minutes before the trip.
- If you require this service you have to let them know in the reservation form.
- There has to be a minimum number of guests, at least 7 and if that is not met, then you can rent a car from the hotel.
- A swimsuit, water shoes or sandals, flip-flops, a towel, waterproof sunscreen or a long sleeve t-shirt, are things you need to carry. Sunglasses too!
- Each Mini Boat is equipped with a cooler filled with snacks and refreshments. Quality snorkelling and safety gear is provided.
- You must wear the life jacket while driving the boat, but you could either take them off for snorkelling or wear them if it make you feel more comfortable.
- The boats had lots of storage compartment for keeping your stuff with you but out of the way.
- Or they can store your stuff in their office at the marina if you would prefer (important for things that need to stay dry like cell phones, cameras, etc.).
- Mini Boat "Captains" must be at least 18 years old. Passengers must be at least 8 years old.
- They go rain or shine, but trips may be cancelled if ocean conditions are not safe for small craft.
- Maximum four persons per boat
Entrance Ticket Details For Mini Boat Adventures
- Double : $85 per person.
- Double Plus One: $ 85 per person plus $ 45 for third person.
- Double Plus Two: $ 85 per person plus $ 45 each for third and fourth person.
Mini Boat Adventures Hours
- The recommended time to visit is at 9 am.
- El Varadero: Seafood
- Tasca OleLelolai: Spanish, Tapas, Puerto Rican
- Di Yukus: Contemporary
- Seven Seas Bar & Grill: Latin
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fajardo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fajardo and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.73% of people who visit Fajardo include Mini Boat Adventures in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
70.37% of people start their Mini Boat Adventures visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
3 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 3 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Mini Boat Adventures
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mini Boat Adventures