Pure Adventure boldly offers the best way to enjoy eco-adventure. There are opportunities for every level of outdoor adventure and excitement. The marine biologists who are also guides make sure you find your comfort zone in any of the tours you take. Without any previous experience, many activities pose a challenge but with Pure Adventure you can expect fun at all times along with safety.
In Puerto Rico there are many ecosystems from the Rain Forest, Dry Forest, Sandy Beach, Rocky Shore, Coral Reef, Sea Grass Bed, to the Mangrove Forest & Lagoons. Pure Adventure understands the importance to conserve, preserve and protect their coastal and marine ecosystems.
You spend the day drifting in tidal shallow water in your snorkel outfit and get to know how to use the equipment and practice diving. Learn about the sea grass, plants that have roots, stem, leaves, flower, fruits and seeds adapted to live on the sea floor. They live close to the shore and at deeper depths were sun light penetrates. The sea grass bed provides nourishment, living space and shelter, for a great diversity of animals and crustaceans. Walk on the sun drenched pristine beaches which is home to the ghost crab, turtle, hermit crab, sand dollars, nine-armed sea star, segmented worms and much more. Kayak to a canal opening called Black Water Lagoon, a wildlife sanctuary teeming with birds, iguanas, and innumerable species of fish. Glide through the Mangroves inlets and coves and discover the mountains of the El Yunque Rainforest providing a theatrical framework to the solitary peace of the lake.
Night time Kayaking is a phenomenal experience. Bio Bay with its mangroves forests teem with an astonishing marine life in the water below. These are planktons which live at the bottom and glow brightly when the water is touched. Shooting stars and the impressive constellations in the dark Caribbean sky makes the entire trip magical.
Pure Adventure has started a programme called “Sal pa' fuera”. It is designed to cultivate respect and create awareness of the delicate marine ecological system for children. Now students and their teachers have an opportunity to learn the importance of conservation and responsible stewardship of the natural resources of the Island.
All the tours have a picnic. The guides will direct your party to a secret, hidden beach next to “Cabeza Chiquita” point. Sandwiches, local in-season fruits and Puerto Rican sweets will be served along with bottled water. Join Pure Adventure and explore at your own pace and never, ever, feel like you have to hurry.
Pure Adventure Travel Tips
- The field trip and the visited ecosystems will vary depending on the ages, group size, purpose and the topic of the trip.
- Every excursion includes: all equipment, water, orientation, and interpretative journey by Marine Biologists.
- In most trips more than two ecosystems are visited. The time will vary from one hour to five hours.
- For kayaking you have to be in good physical shape and above 12 years of age.
- Kayak tours last for 5 hours between Tuesday to Friday and the launch time is 9am.
- In the kayak trips, you have to get dry clothes because you will get wet from waist down.
- You have to walk in the water to get to the kayak, so wear water shoes.
- Normally the trip costs $ 99 per person but for a group of 8 people and more, a deposit is required.
- For snorkelling there is no skill limit since the guides teach you how to snorkel.
- Snorkelling lasts for 3 hours between Tuesday to Thursday and the launch time is 10 am.
- The trip is for $ 55 per person, but a deposit has to be made for large group.
- The Bio Bay tour lasts for 2 hours and children have to be above 6 years of age. The meeting time is 5.30 pm and 7.20pm
- The trip costs $ 48 per person, but if you pay cash online you get a discount.
- You won’t find many street signs on Puerto Rico.
- Directions are based on landmarks and street numbers.
- Please print out the driving directions, do not trust the GPS, they do not work precisely in our area.
Pure Adventure Hours
- The recommended time to visit is at 9 am.
- Boricua: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin, Puerto Rican
- Port House Restaurant: Caribbean
- La Estrella Del Norte: Caribbean
- Blossoms: Asian
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fajardo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fajardo and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.2% of people who visit Fajardo include Pure Adventure in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
91.89% of people start their Pure Adventure visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Pure Adventure
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pure Adventure