Barreta Island, Faro
About Barreta Island, Faro
Barreta Island, Faro - Address
Address: Barreta Island, 8000 Faro, Portugal
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 8.4K times in trip plans
Beach, Island, Water Body, View Point, Walking Area, Leisure, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Amidst the busy streets and its urban pulse, Faro hides its serenity in the Barreta Island. If you love a serene beach walk with little to no crowd and want to explore the untouched zones on the planet, then the ‘Deserted Islands’ are perfect to spend a quiet afternoon at.
The place is known for its tranquil beaches with pristine waters bound to soothe any tired soul. Amust if you love the sun, the sand and the sea without much of the traffic noises.
Barreta Island Information
- Carry sunscreen and a change of clothes if you want to take a dip in the water.
- Carry water and snacks if you are planning for a stay longer than an hour.
- A camera will be perfect to capture the untouched scenery.
Barreta Island Ticket Prices
- Ferry ticket for return journey- Euro10 to Euro35
- Prices vary as per boat tours.
Barreta Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Please check local schedule for ferry rides as they are subjected to change.
How To reach Barreta Island by Public Transport
- Regular ferry service is available form the Porta Nova Pier at Faro to the Island.
- Departures from Faro are at 10.00 am, 1.15pm and 4.45 pm.
- Return from the desert are at 12:45 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Faro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Faro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Barreta Island, Faro Reviews - Write a Review
Stunning. A lovely walk around the whole island will last a few hours . The nature there is stunning.
Amazing island, beautiful beach and a great restaurant :)
Disappointing at best. A desert island with a restaurant on it?
Será a ilha mais bonita da Ria Formosa? Das mais bonitas certamente! Quem não conhece este pequeno paraíso não se vai arrepender de conhecer. O barco apanha-se nas portas do mar em Faro (5€ ida e 5€ a volta). A saber: só há na ilha um único restaurante pelo que é conveniente levar um snack para passar por lá o dia.
Niet helemaal verlaten zoals de naam doet vermoeden, maar wel heel erg mooi. Pluspunten: -lekker rustig (september) -mooi en schoon strand -vuurtoren -restaurantje -slechts 1 bewoner -helder water Minpunten: -steeds meer mensen gaan dit plekje ontdekken, dat houdt in dat het steeds ietsje drukker wordt...
- Nearby Attractions
- Praia De Faro
- Praia Da Rocha
- Multibanco Pingo Doce
- Travessa De Santa Luzia
- Best Western Hotel Dom Bernardo
- Le Penguin Hostel
- Forum Algarve
- Benagil Caves
- Eva - Transportes, S.a.
- Faro Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Faro
- What to See in 48 Hours in Faro
- What to See in 72 Hours in Faro
- How to Spend 5 Days in Faro
- How to Spend 6 Days in Faro
- How to Spend 7 Days in Faro