Amidst the busy streets and its urban pulse, Faro hides its serenity in the Barreta Island. If you love a serene beach walk with little to no crowd and want to explore the untouched zones on the planet, then the ‘Deserted Islands’ are perfect to spend a quiet afternoon at.
The place is known for its tranquil beaches with pristine waters bound to soothe any tired soul. Amust if you love the sun, the sand and the sea without much of the traffic noises.
- Carry sunscreen and a change of clothes if you want to take a dip in the water.
- Carry water and snacks if you are planning for a stay longer than an hour.
- A camera will be perfect to capture the untouched scenery.
- Ferry ticket for return journey- Euro10 to Euro35
- Prices vary as per boat tours.
- Please check local schedule for ferry rides as they are subjected to change.
- Regular ferry service is available form the Porta Nova Pier at Faro to the Island.
- Departures from Faro are at 10.00 am, 1.15pm and 4.45 pm.
- Return from the desert are at 12:45 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Faro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Faro and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Faro include Barreta Island in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
23.49% of people start their Barreta Island visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Barreta Island
94.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Barreta Island
Wonderful, peaceful island. We were there off season. So not many people there a we could enjoy it more. I think, during the season it's a wonderful place for the lazy type of vacation. Just enjoy the sun on the beach
Very nice beach
Get the boat from Faro at 1130 and prepare to spend the day on the island. You can walk all round it on the boardwalk and you can have lunch in the restaurant, cheap or expensive, swim, sunbathe (they rent umbrellas and loungers but take a towel) and return on the 4.30 boat all for a very reasonable outlay.
Beautiful island. For arrive there is a boat that for only 10€ sell ticket for go and return that is cheaper! Also there is a small bar and a funny group of little house when a man decided to live alone. Peaceful island with a stunning view in one side that is the direct ocean side there is a long white sand beach but the water is so cold! On the other side the other small beach are not directly on the ocean and are a mix of this with the river so temperature of the water is better for swim. I advice only to take an umbrella for the sun because in the island there is always a little bit of wind so the risk is to burn your skin without understanding. Definitely a good trip if you are near by!
Best island in Faro