Barreta Island, FaroCurrently Open
- Address: Barreta Island, 8000 Faro, Portugal
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Island, Water Body, View Point, Walking Area, Leisure, Family And Kids
About Barreta Island, Faro
Amidst the busy streets and its urban pulse, Faro hides its serenity in the Barreta Island. If you love a serene beach walk with little to no crowd and want to explore the untouched zones on the planet, then the ‘Deserted Islands’ are perfect to spend a quiet afternoon at.
The place is known for its tranquil beaches with pristine waters bound to soothe any tired soul. Amust if you love the sun, the sand and the sea without much of the traffic noises.
Barreta Island Information
- Carry sunscreen and a change of clothes if you want to take a dip in the water.
- Carry water and snacks if you are planning for a stay longer than an hour.
- A camera will be perfect to capture the untouched scenery.
Barreta Island Ticket Prices
- Ferry ticket for return journey- Euro10 to Euro35
- Prices vary as per boat tours.
Barreta Island Opening and Closing Hours
- Please check local schedule for ferry rides as they are subjected to change.
How To reach Barreta Island by Public Transport
- Regular ferry service is available form the Porta Nova Pier at Faro to the Island.
- Departures from Faro are at 10.00 am, 1.15pm and 4.45 pm.
- Return from the desert are at 12:45 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Faro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Faro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Barreta Island, Faro Reviews
Get the boat from Faro at 1130 and prepare to spend the day on the island. You can walk all round it on the boardwalk and you can have lunch in the restaurant, cheap or expensive, swim, sunbathe (they rent umbrellas and loungers but take a towel) and return on the 4.30 boat all for a very reasonable outlay.
Stunning. A lovely walk around the whole island will last a few hours . The nature there is stunning.
Amazing island, beautiful beach and a great restaurant :)
Disappointing at best. A desert island with a restaurant on it?
Payer 20euros aller retour avec un “speed bateau” pour aller voir une île où il n’y a vraiment pas grand chose à voir. Perte de temps total je trouve qu’il a des choses beaucoup plus intéressante à voir. Oui c’est une île déserte mais la plage c’est la même que le sud en France pour le coup! Nous avons marché tout le tour de l’île rien de très passionnant
All Questionsbarreta island
Find places near Barreta Island, Faro
Ilha da Barreta -0.305 km away