Amidst the busy streets and its urban pulse, Faro hides its serenity in the Barreta Island. If you love a serene beach walk with little to no crowd and want to explore the untouched zones on the planet, then the ‘Deserted Islands’ are perfect to spend a quiet afternoon at.
The place is known for its tranquil beaches with pristine waters bound to soothe any tired soul. Amust if you love the sun, the sand and the sea without much of the traffic noises.
Barreta Island Travel Tips
- Carry sunscreen and a change of clothes if you want to take a dip in the water.
- Carry water and snacks if you are planning for a stay longer than an hour.
- A camera will be perfect to capture the untouched scenery.
Entrance Ticket Details For Barreta Island
- Ferry ticket for return journey- Euro10 to Euro35
- Prices vary as per boat tours.
Barreta Island Hours
- Please check local schedule for ferry rides as they are subjected to change.
How to Reach Barreta Island
- Regular ferry service is available form the Porta Nova Pier at Faro to the Island.
- Departures from Faro are at 10.00 am, 1.15pm and 4.45 pm.
- Return from the desert are at 12:45 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:00 pm and 5:30 pm.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Faro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Faro and book an accommodation of your choice.
83.91% of people who visit Faro include Barreta Island in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
23.49% of people start their Barreta Island visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Barreta Island
94.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Barreta Island