Culatra IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Olhao, Portugal, Faro
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Island, Water Body, View Point, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Culatra Island - Review
One of the few islands to be uncrowded even during summer season, the Culatra Island homes a village filled with tiny shops, a few restaurants and a beautiful beach perfect for anyone who want to escape Faro’s hustle-bustle.
Carry a small picnic with you or simply make for a spontaneous plan to explore the blue waters, untouched sands and glorious sunsets which the place is known for.
Culatra Island Information
- Carry water, snacks, sunscreen and a change of clothes .(If you plan on entering the water)
Culatra Island Ticket Prices
- The ferry rides from Olhao to Culatra cost about Euro3 for return journey.
How To reach Culatra Island by Public Transport
- Rent a Car or hire a Taxi till Olhao after which you will have to take a ferry from Olhao to Culatra Island.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Faro before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Faro and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Culatra Island
43.25% of people who visit Faro include Culatra Island in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
27.97% of people start their Culatra Island visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Culatra Island
93.04% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Culatra Island
Culatra Island Map
Culatra Island Trips
Culatra Island, Faro Reviews
Quiet little fishing village . Lots of interesting things to photograph
Very nice place to visit with an awesome beach on the coast towards south. To reach there you need catch the regular ferry (30min) and after that walk for about 15 min but it worths the effort to see the natural beauty of Algarve. On the first saturday of august there is the big event that is the island party day with a big night show with a lot of popular music. On August, every saturday there is a similar but smaller party.
Wonderful place... magic place
È una bella spiaggia grande e poco affollata che si affaccia su un pittoresco villaggio di pescatori.Ci si arriva con un traghetto che parte da Faro. Merita sicuramente una visita
Superbe plage à découvrir pour les motivés (un bateau toutes les deux heures et 20-25 bonnes minutes de marche pour accéder à la plage)... Personnellement, je trouve que ça vaut vraiment le coup pour passer un bon moment dans un lieu qui n'est pas surpeuplé.
All QuestionsCulatra island
- Te-Atrito, Unipessoal
- Seca - Bebidas E Divertimento Do Algarve
- Joaquim Lopes Do Vale & Filhos
- Busto De Infante Dom Henrique Em Faro
- Garden Of Alameda João De Deus
- Dolphin Trips Vilamoura Boat Cruise Dolphin Watching Cave Tours Benagil
- Praia Da Rocha
- Multibanco Pingo Doce
- Jardim Do Largo De São Francisco
- Praia De Monte Gordo
- Policromia Associação Cultural
Find places near Culatra Island, Faro
Restaurante A do Joao -2.97 km away
A do Joao Praia da Ilha do Farol2.941 km away