How to Reach Faro
How to reach Faro
- By Air: The Faro Airport is well connected to UK (you can get direct flightsfrom London to Faro), Europe, Ireland and Canada. You can rent a car at the airport. Taxis are available too.
- By Train: Faro is well connected to its neighboring cities in Portugal like Tavira, LisboaOriente, Lisbon, Lagos and other cities across the Algarve region. The high speed train ‘Alpha Pendular’, connects the city to Lisbon with a mere journey time of 1 hour 40 minutes.
- By Boat: Portimao, Faro is connected well by boats to other regional cities. Even though not preferred, the place is known for its boat tours of the Algarve region.
- By Bus: Busses are easily available from Lisbon to Portimao, Faro. Two bus services operate between in the cities- Rede-Expressos and Renex. If travelling from other areas of Portugal you will need to change busses at Lisbon.
- By Bus: The ‘Vai e Vem’ busses are the local transport buses which operate through out the city. Even though the busses are frequent, many services are discontinued during weekends. Late evening busses are available during July and August from Portimão and Praia da Rocha. However most busses run till 8.00 pm.
- By Car: Car rentals are advised only to people who know the local language and don’t mind the extra busy streets and the crazy traffic.
- By Taxi: The classic beige or black and green Taxis are easily noticeable and run on meters. Taxi ranks are available at all major attractions and tourists office.
- By Walking: Most of the major attractions in the city can be covered on foot.
Modes of Transportation in Faro
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Faro. The most preferred mode of transport in Faro is Car.
Average distance: 23 km Average time: 26 min
Car 100%Driving 23.5 min Waiting 2.5 min Overall average time for 23 kms 26 min