Are you looking for what to do in Faro?
PLACES TO SEE
There are many things to see in Faro and the historic buildings are a must-see.
- Old Town Faro: Charming old town center is perfect for a romantic evening walk. The place accommodates historic building, beautiful walking pathways and a popular cathedral.
- Ria Formosa: One of the 7 wonders of Portugal, the natural preserve and lagoon hold the essence of Faro’s natural heritage. It was opened as a National Park in 1987.
- Barreta Island: Visit the untouched and deserted Island in Algarve with serene beaches and spiritual ambience.
- Church of Sao Lourenco: Built in true Baroque style, the date of construction of the church is not available but the earliest mention of the church dates back to 1672. The church is known for its eclectic architecture and durability.
WHERE TO BE
Nightlife: Nightlife in Faro is exuberant owing to the number of students here who come to learn at the University and Thursday is the buzzing day for parties and clubs. The main nightlifecenter of the city is the Old Town center with many bars and pubs open till late hours.
- Upa and Upa: Good music, Open air café and a whiskey menu to envy, the place is perfect for a few drinks.
- Hickey’s Irish Pub: A must if you want to visit a sports bar, the place is known for its good food and drinks.
- Taberna Da Se: Quality live music with a quaint and casual atmosphere, if you don’t like your night-haunts to be crowded, this is the place for you.
Faro, although not a shopping capital, has many shops for souvenirs and trinkets.
- Rua Dr. Francisco Gomes: The shopping street of the city, there are shops here selling jewelry, arts and crafts and souvenirs The cobbles streets with historic building make the experience a special one.
- Livraria Bertrand: A famous book shop, the place is a must visit for book lovers.
- Forum Algarve: The popular shopping mall in Faro, Forum Lagarve offers everything from entertainment, shopping and fast food.
Below we have a list of things to do in Faro and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Faro getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Faro with confidence.