Diwan-i-khas348 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site
This is the hall of private audience and here the Emperor or the Ruler met the private audience and resolved the issues. The central platform attached to a huge pillar of the royal complex is the seat of the ruler and the huge diagonal galleries served as a seat for the ministers.
The tale also goes that the building was a storehouse for the gems and jewels. This can be also verified with the fact that the Ankh Michauli or the treasury for gold and silver constructed in red sand stone has double-storey facades. The pretty kiosks and the inverted lotus dome provide an altitude to the structure.
The elegant capital composed by joining 36 brackets arising from the pillar in 3 tiers in a circular shape adds to the exquisiteness of this masterpiece.
Diwan-i-khas Travel Tips
- Guides are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Diwan-i-khas
- A joint ticket of INR 260 should be taken for all the attractions around Fatehpur Sikri.
- Children have a concession in the ticket fee.
- Video shooting & photography has separate charges.
How to Reach Diwan-i-khas
- You can get there by taxis or private vehicles.
- Sher-E-Punjab-Paneer and Naan
- The local eateries serving authentic Indian flavoured chicken and meat and Non Khatai- a local sweet.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fatehpur Sikri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fatehpur Sikri and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Fatehpur Sikri include Diwan-i-khas in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.18% of people start their Diwan-i-khas visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Diwan-i-khas
85.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Diwan-i-khas