Hiran MinarCurrently Closed
- Address: Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: View Point, Historical Site, Tower
About Hiran Minar, Fatehpur Sikri
Located in the open plains, this high tower stands in a polo ground converted into a sanctuary for Antelopes. The 53 steps lead to the top of the tower and an excellent bird eye’s view of the entire Fatehpur Sikri can be observed from here.
A combination of octagonal and circular shape is decorated with an alternate row of six pointed star and hexagons.
Numerous elephant tusks are protruding from the centre of the each star and hexagons (now replaced with stone tusks). It is believed that real elephant tusks symbolize the novelty and grandeur of Mughal Empire.
Hiran Minar Information
- Guides are available.
Hiran Minar Ticket Prices
- A joint ticket of INR 260 should be taken for all the attractions around Fatehpur Sikri.
- Children have a concession in the ticket fee.
- The best time to visit this place is around the sunrise or the sunset to have a magnificent view of the city.
- Video shooting & photography has separate charges.
How To reach Hiran Minar by Public Transport
- You can hire taxis or can get there by private vehicles.
Restaurants Near Hiran Minar
- Sher-E-Punjab- Paneer and Naan
- The local eateries serving authentic Indian flavoured chicken and meat, Non Khatai- a local sweet
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fatehpur Sikri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fatehpur Sikri and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hiran Minar
95% of people who visit Fatehpur Sikri include Hiran Minar in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
31.6% of people start their Hiran Minar visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Hiran Minar
50.6% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hiran Minar