Jama Masjid3229 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site
This landmark of Fatehpur Sikri is the prime attraction of this historical city since ages. One of the first and foremost constructions of the complex by Mughal emperor Akbar, it dates back to the 16th century and still proudly places itself in one of the finest Mosques of India.
Built in the traditional Indian style, the Iwans around the central courtyard and the discernible Chhatri (meaning Umbrella) shelters the main building. The three Mihrabs in each of the seven bays and the large Mihrab covered by the dome are adorned in white marble and the geometric patterns offer the architectural variance in construction.
Jama Masjid Travel Tips
- Guides are available.
- It is a religious place, so head should be covered at all times.
- It is advisable to leave the footwear outside.
- The peace and sanity of the religious place should be not disturbed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jama Masjid
- A joint ticket of INR 260 should be taken for all the attractions around Fatehpur Sikri.
- Children have a concession in the ticket fee.
- Video shooting & photography has separate charges.
How to Reach Jama Masjid
- You can get there by taxis or private vehicles.
- Sher-E-Punjab- known for Paneer and Naan
- The local eateries serving authentic Indian flavoured chicken and meat, Non Khatai- a local sweet.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fatehpur Sikri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fatehpur Sikri and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Fatehpur Sikri include Jama Masjid in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
36.36% of people start their Jama Masjid visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jama Masjid
51.81% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jama Masjid