Pachisi Courtyard301 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids
An antique game of the Mughal times having similarity to chess known as Pachisi was played in this royal game court. The courtyard displays the extravagant lifestyles of the Mughal emperors.
The board for the game was built in white and black cheques on the huge floor of the Pachisi courtyard and human beings instead of Mohras or chess pieces were used to play the game.
Located close to the Diwan-i-Aam, it was constructed during the 16th century. The red sandstone slabs are exquisite and this courtyard is a mark of Emperor Akbar’s affinity towards grandeur and intelligence.
Pachisi Courtyard Travel Tips
- Guides are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pachisi Courtyard
- A joint ticket of INR 260 should be taken for all the attractions around Fatehpur Sikri.
- Children have a concession in the ticket fee.
- Video shooting & photography has separate charges.
How to Reach Pachisi Courtyard
- You can hire taxis or can get there by private vehicles.
- Sher-E-Punjab- Paneer and Naan
- The local eateries serving authentic Indian flavoured chicken and meat, Non Khatai- a local sweet
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fatehpur Sikri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fatehpur Sikri and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Fatehpur Sikri include Pachisi Courtyard in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
80% of people start their Pachisi Courtyard visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Pachisi Courtyard
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pachisi Courtyard