Panch Mahal946 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Palace
This 5 storied structure is a living example of Indo-Islamic blend in Indian culture and tradition. Built in classic Buddhist architectural style, it stands on a western line of the courtyard. Primarily used for relaxation and entertainment purposes, it is a Badgir, the Persian wind tower for ladies of the harem as an observatory to cover the queens and princess on the top terraces enjoying the cool breezes and watching splendid view of the Fatehpur Sikri.
The structure is so designed that each storey is pillared and smaller than the other as you move upwards. The 84 columns support the ground floor and the uppermost domed floor has 4 columns. The whole structure is very airy and was fashioned to give a respite from the scorching summers of Agra.
Panch Mahal Travel Tips
- Guides are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Panch Mahal
- A joint ticket of INR 260 should be taken for all the attractions around Fatehpur Sikri.
- Children have a concession in the ticket fee.
- Video shooting & photography has separate charges.
How to Reach Panch Mahal
- You can hire taxis or can get there by private vehicles.
- Sher-E-Punjab- Paneer and Naan
- The local eateries serving authentic Indian flavoured chicken and meat, Non Khatai- a local sweet
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fatehpur Sikri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fatehpur Sikri and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Fatehpur Sikri include Panch Mahal in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
30.43% of people start their Panch Mahal visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Panch Mahal
76.12% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Panch Mahal