Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti TombCurrently Closed
- Address: Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Architecture , Tomb
Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb - Review
One of the finest pieces of architecture in Mughal tradition in India, this sacred structure was built in the 16th century. The place is the sacred ground of burial of Sufi saint Salim Chisti, a descendant of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti of Ajmer.
Located along the imperial complex near Zenana Rauza and facing south towards Buland Darwaza, this landmark lies within the quadrangle of the Jama Masjid.
The tomb is enclosed in delicate marble screens on all sides and is the saint rests in peace at the centre of the main hall in a semi-circular dome. The ivory coloured walls and a mosaic in black and yellow marble are arranged in geometric pattern which add to the beauty of the structure.
Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb Information
- Guides are available.
Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb Ticket Prices
- A joint ticket of INR 260 should be taken for all the attractions around Fatehpur Sikri.
- Children have a concession in the ticket fee.
- It is advisable to leave the footwear outside.
- The peace and sanity of the religious place should be not disturbed.
- Video shooting & photography has separate charges.
How To reach Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb by Public Transport
- You can get there by taxis or private vehicles.
Restaurants Near Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb
- Sher-E-Punjab- Paneer and Naan
- The local eateries serving authentic Indian flavoured chicken and meat, Non Khatai- a local sweet.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fatehpur Sikri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fatehpur Sikri and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb
95% of people who visit Fatehpur Sikri include Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
37.14% of people start their Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb
80% of people prefer walking in order to reach Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb
Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb Trips
1 View9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Agra, Jaipur, Fatehpur Sikri from MumbaiBy: Guest UserCity: Jaipur, Agra, Fatehpur Sikri