Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti TombCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Architecture , Tomb
One of the finest pieces of architecture in Mughal tradition in India, this sacred structure was built in the 16th century. The place is the sacred ground of burial of Sufi saint Salim Chisti, a descendant of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti of Ajmer.
Located along the imperial complex near Zenana Rauza and facing south towards Buland Darwaza, this landmark lies within the quadrangle of the Jama Masjid.
The tomb is enclosed in delicate marble screens on all sides and is the saint rests in peace at the centre of the main hall in a semi-circular dome. The ivory coloured walls and a mosaic in black and yellow marble are arranged in geometric pattern which add to the beauty of the structure.
- Guides are available.
- A joint ticket of INR 260 should be taken for all the attractions around Fatehpur Sikri.
- Children have a concession in the ticket fee.
- It is advisable to leave the footwear outside.
- The peace and sanity of the religious place should be not disturbed.
- Video shooting & photography has separate charges.
- You can get there by taxis or private vehicles.
- Sher-E-Punjab- Paneer and Naan
- The local eateries serving authentic Indian flavoured chicken and meat, Non Khatai- a local sweet.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fatehpur Sikri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fatehpur Sikri and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Fatehpur Sikri include Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
37.14% of people start their Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb
80% of people prefer walking in order to reach Sufi Saint Shaikh Salim Chisti Tomb