The Buland DarwazaCurrently Open
- Address: Jama Masjid, Fatehpur Sikri, India Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Landmark, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site
This stupendous architecture marvel is a 55 metre high gate of Jama Masjid and gradually reduces in the height inside. An addition to the mosque Jama Masjid after five years, it is a mark of victory of Mughal king Akbar.
The alluring arches creatively designed have a large right in the centre locally known as the horseshoe gate. The tale goes that nailing horseshoes to its huge wooden doors is an invitation to good luck.
Do not miss the deep well which is led by giant steps to the left.
The Buland Darwaza Travel Tips
- Guides are available.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Buland Darwaza
- A joint ticket of INR 260 should be taken for all the attractions around Fatehpur Sikri.
- Children have a concession in the ticket fee.
- Video shooting & photography has separate charges.
How to Reach The Buland Darwaza
- You can get there by taxis or private vehicles.
- Sher-E-Punjab-for Paneer and Naan
- The local eateries serving authentic Indian flavoured Chicken and Meat, Non Khatai- a local sweet.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fatehpur Sikri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fatehpur Sikri and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The Buland Darwaza Address: Jama Masjid, Fatehpur Sikri, India
- The Buland Darwaza Timing: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit The Buland Darwaza(preferred time): 08:00 am - 11:00 am
- Time required to visit The Buland Darwaza: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Fatehpur Sikri include The Buland Darwaza in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
27.69% of people start their The Buland Darwaza visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see The Buland Darwaza
81.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Buland Darwaza
People normally club together Agra Fort and Hiran Minar while planning their visit to The Buland Darwaza.