The Buland Darwaza, Fatehpur Sikri
The Buland Darwaza, Fatehpur Sikri - Address
Address: Jama Masjid, Fatehpur Sikri, India
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 6.6K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Landmark, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About The Buland Darwaza, Fatehpur Sikri
This stupendous architecture marvel is a 55 metre high gate of Jama Masjid and gradually reduces in the height inside. An addition to the mosque Jama Masjid after five years, it is a mark of victory of Mughal king Akbar.
The alluring arches creatively designed have a large right in the centre locally known as the horseshoe gate. The tale goes that nailing horseshoes to its huge wooden doors is an invitation to good luck.
Do not miss the deep well which is led by giant steps to the left.
The Buland Darwaza Information
- Guides are available.
The Buland Darwaza Ticket Prices
- A joint ticket of INR 260 should be taken for all the attractions around Fatehpur Sikri.
- Children have a concession in the ticket fee.
- Video shooting & photography has separate charges.
How To reach The Buland Darwaza by Public Transport
- You can get there by taxis or private vehicles.
Restaurants Near The Buland Darwaza
- Sher-E-Punjab-for Paneer and Naan
- The local eateries serving authentic Indian flavoured Chicken and Meat, Non Khatai- a local sweet.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fatehpur Sikri before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fatehpur Sikri and book an accommodation of your choice.