Museo Della Cattedrale146 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via San Romano, 1, 44121 Ferrara FE, Italy, 44121
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0532761299
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Social, Arts, Museums
Enclosed in the former church of San Romano, the Museo della Cattedrale is a part of the Civic Museum of Ancient Arts in Ferrara. It primarily constitutes of works that were exhibited originally in the Ferrara Cathedral. Established in the year 1929, the museum can be accessed through a small yet beautiful square cloister. The major must-see exhibits at the Museo della Cattedrale are:
- The ancient organ doors that depict scenes from the ‘Annunciation’ and ‘St. George and the Dragon’ made by Cosme Tura.
- The panels of the cycle of the months from the Porta Dei Mesi that dates back to the 13th century.
- The marble sculpture of Madonna of the Pomegranate created by Jacopo della Quercia.
- Eight stunning tapestries from the mid-16th century that depict stories of St George and St Maurelio.
- Stone works by the Masters of Como and Campione along with a panel created by Nicholaus.
- Precious relics from the 14th and 15th centuries which include a statue of ‘Madonna with Child’.
The museum has an extremely courteous and helpful staff who can guide you through your visit. For art and history lovers, a visit to the Museo della Cattedrale is a must in your itinerary of Ferrara.
Museo Della Cattedrale Travel Tips
- The access to the museum is restricted to a maximum of 25 people at a time.
Entrance Ticket Details For Museo Della Cattedrale
- Senior citizens from 65 years onwards.
- College students with membership card to a university course.
- Exhibitors and participants in events organized by Ferrara Fiere srl.
- Groups of at least 10 people (9 reduced and 1 free).
- Teachers of first and second grade with identification card.
- Members enrolled Ente Palio.
- Young people aged 18 to 30 years and holders of "Youth Card".
- Recipients of the Museum System Ferrarese.
- Holders of the ticket of the exhibitions of Ferrara Arte Spa Palazzo Diamanti.
- Military in uniform or with identification card.
- Guides with identification cards.
- Journalists with badge.
- One person per group 10 people (9 reduced and 1 free).
- Students of elementary schools, middle of first and second degree, with accompanying teachers.
- Young people up to 18 years old.
- People with disabilities and their carers.
Households holders of Ferrara Family card ticket:
- Cumulative full: € 7.00
- Reduced Combined ticket: € 5.00
This card allows the visit to the Cathedral Museum, Palazzo Schifanoia, and Lapidary Civic Palazzina Marfisa d'Este. The cumulative tickets are valid for 15 days and are on sale at the ticket of the Civic Museums and the Estense Castle.
Free entry for holders of the tourist card MYFECARD.
How to Reach Museo Della Cattedrale
- Bus: No. 3, 4 and 11 at stop Corso Porta Reno.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ferrara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ferrara and book an accommodation of your choice.
46.95% of people who visit Ferrara include Museo Della Cattedrale in their plan
41.1% of people start their Museo Della Cattedrale visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museo Della Cattedrale
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museo Della Cattedrale