Palazzo Dei Diamanti, Ferrara
Palazzo Dei Diamanti, Ferrara - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Corso Ercole I d'Este, 21, 44121 Ferrara, Italy
Phone: +39- 0532244949
Ticket Price: 11 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 3.2K times in trip plans
Art Gallery, Museum, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Palazzo Dei Diamanti, Ferrara
The Palazzo dei Diamanti is a palace turned exhibition space that is famous for its Renaissance style of architecture. Designed by Biagio Rossetti upon commission by Sigismondo d'Este, brother of Duke Ercole I d'Este in 1492, this art gallery is owned by the Municipality of Ferrara.
The major highlights of the Palazzo dei Diamanti are:
- The unique diamond shape of more than 8,500 white marble blocks which make up the ashlar of the building, hence giving its name. These diamonds are positioned to maximize the sunlight reflected off the building that creates a mesmerizing visual effect.
- The first floor which houses the National Art Gallery of Ferrara and has paintings of the Ferrara school from the 13th up to the 18th century.
- The exhibition space on the ground floor which are conducted by Ferrara Arte and the Galleries of Modern Art and Contemporary Art of Ferrara.
- Bilingual commentaries describing the beautiful paintings.
- Great lighting system highlighting the stunning paintings that have also been well-placed.
The Palazzo dei Diamanti is a haven for art lovers who’ll love the numerous international exhibitions which are held here and aimed at preserving the tradition of the art history of the city.
Palazzo Dei Diamanti Information
- Tickets can be booked in advance for normal and guided tours.
- Disabled friendly.
- Free entry to the bookshop.
Palazzo Dei Diamanti Ticket Prices
- People between 6 to 18 years old
- People over 65
- University students
- Affiliated groups
- Groups of minimum 15 people (1 ticket for the teacher free for every 20 paying students)
- € 5.00: Schools (2 free escorts for each class)
- Children under 6
- Disabled persons with an accompanying person
- Journalists with card
- Tourist guides with ID
- Military personnel in uniform
Family Ticket (For children between 6 to 14 years):
- 2 adults + 1 child: € 21.00
- 2 adults + 2 children: € 28.00
- 2 adults + 3 children: € 35.00
Open Ticket: € 14,00 (Ticket reservation without time and date constraints and valid until the end of the exhibition).
Special Ticket On Museum Night 2015: € 5.00 (This ticket is valid on May 16 2015 from 7:00 pm to 12:00 am with no extra charges. Available directly at the ticket office on the day of the event from 7:00 pm to 11:30 pm).
How To reach Palazzo Dei Diamanti by Public Transport
- Bus: No. 3, 4, 13, 310, 311, 312, 314 and 390 at stop Palazzo Diamanti.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ferrara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ferrara and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palazzo Dei Diamanti Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Ferrara
Palazzo Dei Diamanti, Ferrara Reviews - Write a Review
Unesco patrimony and u.will.understand why. Must see
It deserves even the palace, hosted exhibitions are always beautiful. beautiful architecturally. It contains a gallery of wonderful painters mainly Emilia and Romagna.
Impressive 3d external building façade
Peaceful and calm place for studying
Beautiful building with a nice little garden