Palazzo Schifanoia, Ferrara
About Palazzo Schifanoia, Ferrara
Palazzo Schifanoia, Ferrara - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Via Scandiana 23, Ferrara 44121, Italy
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1.5K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Palazzo Schifanoia is a Renaissance palace that was primarily built as the recreation centre for the Este family, as the name suggests. Built in 1385, the palazzo houses the magnificent collection of the Civic Museum of Ancient Art which includes Greek pottery, manuscripts, ceramics and artefacts of ivories, bronzes and plaques.
The major highlights of the Palazzo Schifanoia are as follows:
- Sala dei Mesi (The House of the Months) which showcases a spellbinding series of frescoes exhibiting the months of the years and their mythological attributes.
- Sala delle Virtu (The House of Virtues) that exhibits beautiful sculptures of the various Virtues.
- Sala delle Imprese (The Hall Company) that has a coffered ceiling and a wood and polychrome stucco.
- The breathtaking façade of the palazzo that is distinctive because of the elegant marble portal designed by Francesco del Cossa.
There is also a quaint little café in the back gardens of the Palazzo Schifanoia where you can take a break from your sightseeing and grab some food and drinks. Unfortunately, due to the earthquake in May 2012, the guided tours of the palazzo are restricted to Hall of the Months and the Hall of the Virtues.
Palazzo Schifanoia Information
- People travelling in groups are advised to make reservations before visiting the place.
Palazzo Schifanoia Ticket Prices
- Groups of 10 people.
- Visitors over 65 years.
- Visitors up to 18 years.
- Holders of the MYFE Cards.
- The ticket also includes admission to the Museum Lapidary.
How To reach Palazzo Schifanoia by Public Transport
- Bus: No. 6, 13, 320, 321, 331 and 344 at stop Alfonso d’Este Medaglie D’oro.
- No. 1, 6, 9, 21 and 392 at stop Piazzale Medaglie D'oro.
- No. 1, 6, 9, 13, 21 , 392, 399 and 396 at stop Giovecca Citta' Della Salute.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ferrara before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ferrara and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palazzo Schifanoia, Ferrara Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful place for a quick visit. Not a lot to see inside, but what is there is interesting, especially if you have any interest in art history. Outside back area is lovely, and there is a cafe that is a great destination on nice days. Good wine selection and quite charming.
The most interesting ancient palace in town. Worth seeing more than other places. Lot of mystique. Good cafe attached
No surveillance, we were on a school trip an someone just got into the room where we left our bags and took all the money. Not worth a visit.
Più che museo è un salone. Infatti paghi 3 euro per vedere una sola grande stanza con affreschi, che per la maggior parte rovinati. Un vero peccato. Per quel che mi riguarda dovrebbe essere gratuito come la casa di Ludovico Ariosto. Il bar nel giardino interno è molto caratteristico ma ha dei prezzi esosi, esempio un caffè €1,50
- Nearby Attractions
- Stadio San Martino Viciomaggio
- Comune Di Ferrara
- University Of Ferrara
- Cimitero Ebraico
- Hotel Torre Della Vittoria
- Chiesa Parrocchiale Di S. Agostino Vescovo E Dottore
- Santuario Della Beata Vergine Del Poggetto
- Piazzetta Sant'anna
- Piazza Savonarola
- Ferrara Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Ferrara
- What to See in 48 Hours in Ferrara
- What to See in 72 Hours in Ferrara
- How to Spend 5 Days in Ferrara
- How to Spend 6 Days in Ferrara
- How to Spend 7 Days in Ferrara