Bab Boujloud352 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Fes, Morocco
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The main entrance to the Fes medina is the Bab Boujloud or the Blue Gate. Though the area behind it is the oldest in town, the Bab Boujloud is relatively young; it was built in 1913. You can see the remains of the previous gate just next to this new one. The outside of the gate is tiled in blue mosaic while the view from inside the medina will show green tiles on the structure. There are a bunch of restaurants around this gate which give you picturesque views for clicking photos. You can see the bustling city on both sides of the gate but as you go near it, you will feel as if time has stopped.
Bab Boujloud Travel Tips
- This is one of the busiest localities in Fes so keep an eye out for pickpockets.
- Be careful when clicking photos.
- Do not engage in a conversation with the local guides. Stick to your own licensed guide for any information.
How to Reach Bab Boujloud
- By Bus: Bab Mahrouk
- By Taxi: You can hire a taxi to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fes and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.25% of people who visit Fes include Bab Boujloud in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
39.47% of people start their Bab Boujloud visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Bab Boujloud
63.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bab Boujloud