Bou Inania Madrasa516 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rue Talaa Sghira, Fes, Morocco
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +212-671732265
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Family And Kids
The Bou Inania Madrasa was founded in 1351 AD by the then Sultan of Fes, Abu Inan Faris. The sultan gave his own name to the madrasa which later when on to become the Grand Mosque of the city. This structure is used for educating students as well as for religious congregations. It is one of the few religious places in Morocco that allow non-Muslims to enter and view the premises. This is the only madrasa with a minaret in Fes, signifying its importance to the city. Since the minaret is used for religious purposes by the imam, its access is limited to Muslims. Despite its age, the madrasa is well conserved and gives you a solid glimpse into Fes’s rich cultural past.
Bou Inania Madrasa Travel Tips
- Though the madrasa is open to non-Muslims, visitors should dress modestly to respect Muslim laws.
- Avoid speaking in loud voices as this is an educational institution.
- Though it is not compulsory, women should cover their hair with a scarf.
How to Reach Bou Inania Madrasa
- By Bus: Bab Mahrouk bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fes and book an accommodation of your choice.
69.26% of people who visit Fes include Bou Inania Madrasa in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
30.97% of people start their Bou Inania Madrasa visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bou Inania Madrasa
86.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bou Inania Madrasa