Fes El-baliCurrently Open
- Address: Fes, Morocco
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Market, Family And Kids, Architecture , Old Town, Unesco Site
About Fes El-bali, Fes
Fes’s oldest walled city or medina is now mentioned on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list. It was built sometime around 800 AD. It also houses the world’s oldest functioning university. Recent statistics show that it also may be the world’s biggest car-free urban area. When it was first constructed, it was the capital of the Idrisid dynasty, the creators of Fes. Once upon a time, it was the capital of Morocco. Today, it is an important marketplace and includes several tourist spots in its walls. Citizens residing above the shops make this area one of the most densely populated regions of the world. Look out for the styles of buildings on each street as well as the main buildings. Each of them is a tribute to the Moroccan style of architecture. You can shop for things like shoes, spices, Moroccan craft items etc. in the markets. If you are keen on seeing more examples of Moroccan architecture, you can pay a visit to the Cherratin Madrasa.
Fes El-bali Information
- Take care of your belongings.
- Hire a licensed guide only. Do not encourage guides from the markets to show you around. Most hotels provide a guide on request. Negotiate before agreeing to the guide.
- Avoid engaging anyone except your licensed guide in the market.
- Do not enter shops on the insistence of the shopkeepers.
- Buy a map before you explore the old city.
How To reach Fes El-bali by Public Transport
- By Bus: Bab Mahrouk, Batha, Gare Bus 54, Bab Ftouh, Iben Battouta
- By Taxi: you can take a taxi to one of the many gates in the old city and walk down from there.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fes and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Fes El-bali
95% of people who visit Fes include Fes El-bali in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
61.14% of people start their Fes El-bali visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Fes El-bali
66.27% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fes El-bali
Fes El-bali Map
Fes El-bali, Fes Reviews
All QuestionsFes el-bali
- New Beginnings Full Gospel
- Heritage Lanes
- South West Illinois Planning Comm
- Makuham Ministry Center
- Paul Bunyan Amusement Park
- Jordans Chapel Fire Department
- Shady Grove Missionary Baptist
- William Dexter Jackson
- Songs By Katie Brien
- Raw Truth News
- The Sands Aviation Hanger
- New York School Of Applied Design
- United Artists Communications Movie Information
- Steinke, Colleen-Victory In Jesus Ministries