Henna Souk122 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Fes, Morocco
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Market, Family And Kids
A visit to Fes is incomplete without a trip to the local markets or souks. One of the best places to shop in the Fes medina is the Souk el Henna or the market of perfumes and henna. It derives its name from the products sold in the shops here, mostly fragrances and toiletries. You fill find many varieties of cosmetics, soaps, perfumes and rose water here. Not just these, you will also chance upon shops selling spices, pottery aphrodisiacs, ceramics, tiles, jewellery, utensils and even bird cages. A hint of caution though, it is said that the shops at Souk el Henna can sell you magic. This may not be true, but some of the potions and medicines do have side effects that you may not want. For your own undisturbed experience, it is recommended that you buy only those things which you know for sure are safe and cannot be tampered with. However, be generous to the various perfumeries here, they are known to sell some of the best fragrances in the world.
Henna Souk Travel Tips
- Inform your licensed guide about your shopping lists and he will guide you to the right shops. Do not go into any shop on your own.
- Bargain. Shops here often charge exorbitant prices to tourists. Negotiate to the lowest point possible.
- Do not encourage shopkeepers beckoning you into their shops. You may be forced to buy something even if you do not want it.
- If you have children with you, they are likely to be showered with adoration and praises. This is normal in Morocco.
How to Reach Henna Souk
- You can hire a taxi to one of the medina gates and walk down to the market.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fes and book an accommodation of your choice.
16.38% of people who visit Fes include Henna Souk in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
68.52% of people start their Henna Souk visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Henna Souk
82.69% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Henna Souk