How to Reach Fes
The Easiest Way to Reach Fes
- By Air: Saiss Airport has flights coming in from London, Paris, Brussels, Rome, Barcelona, Frankfurt etc. You can hire a taxi from the airport or take Bus 16 to the railway station.
- By Train: Fes-Ville station connects Fes to all major cities in Morocco. Trains are crowded and there is the added nuisance of hustlers.
- By Road: Fes is around 3 hours away from Casablanca and is connected by smooth roads. You can hire a taxi or car for the commute.
- By Bus: there are two bus terminuses in Fes; the Gare Routiere and the CTM. The latter is cleaner and provides better connectivity.
- By Taxi: Fes has several gates located in various parts of the city. Red taxis plying throughout the city will take you to any of these from your hotel.
- On Foot: Walking is the best way to discover Fes. The city is one of the largest urban pedestrian zones of the world. Purchase a map of the city and start walking down by using the gates as reference points. Hire licensed guides only.
Modes of Transportation in Fes
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Fes. The most preferred mode of transport in Fes is Walking.
Average distance: 6 km Average time: 75 min
Walking 100%Walking 60 min Bike 15 min Overall average time for 6 kms 75 min