A great way to look into the Moroccan culture is to visit the Riad Belghazi museum in the Fes medina. It is one of the largest privately owned museums in Africa. The building was constructed in the 17th century. Here you will see the Belghazi family’s collection of gold jewellery, clothes, musical instruments from Morocco and Spain, Arabian carpets etc. Ceramics from the 18th century are also put on display here. The museum is divided into rooms, each one catering to a specific collection. You can purchase some of the items on display here but keep in mind that they are expensive. There is a restaurant in the museum that serves traditional Moroccan food. You can even go for pastry tastings in the museum’s tea room.
Riad Belghazi Travel Tips
- Additional contact No: +212 691 906 006
- There are luxurious rooms available in the museum for your stay in Fes. You can book these online or by calling up the museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Riad Belghazi
- children below 2 years can enter free of cost.
- Students and non-profit organisations have an entry fee of 2 USD.
How to Reach Riad Belghazi
- You can hire a taxi to one of the medina gates and walk down to the museum.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fes and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.16% of people who visit Fes include Riad Belghazi in their plan
35.71% of people start their Riad Belghazi visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Riad Belghazi
90.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Riad Belghazi