The site dates back to 4th century B. C and gives us a profound understanding of Roman practices of burial. One of the main tombs is of Amynthas, the son of Hermapias, after which the whole site has been named. His tomb is in the form of a temple built in Ion style, and has a landing with adjacent pillars at the two sides, with four steps leading to it. Apart from this central tomb, the visitors can locate different types of tombs which can be divided into four categories:
- The simplest which carry the pile on the top of the grave.
- More elaborate tombs with stele or pillar erected on them.
- Sarcophagi: A rock grave,commonly carved or cut from stone.
- The forth which are the most magnificent type of tombs. They are carved into rocks.
Amynthas Rock Tomb Travel Tips
- Visit the site during the day time in order to have a full view of Lycian Way.
- Requires lots of Trekking. Be prepared with your shoes.
How to Reach Amynthas Rock Tomb
- Minibus from Fethiye Downtown.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Fethiye before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fethiye and book an accommodation of your choice.
77.46% of people who visit Fethiye include Amynthas Rock Tomb in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
83.8% of people start their Amynthas Rock Tomb visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Amynthas Rock Tomb
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Amynthas Rock Tomb