Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos, Fethiye
About Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos, Fethiye
Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos, Fethiye - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Fethiye 48300, Turkey
Ticket Price: 5 TRY
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 8.6K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Tomb
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Tlos, a highly important religious centre in ancient Lycia, was rediscovered by Charles Fellow in 1838. With a history of more than 4000 years ago,the site is considered to be one of the oldest and the largest inhabitations of Lycian empire. Tlos attracts tourists with its ruined charm. Also known for its rock tombs, the site is nestled within the gigantic Akdaglar Mountains. Once the “brilliant metropolis of the Lycian nation”, today the site is of immense historical value enveloped within the picturesque scenery. A trip to Tlos can be easily combined with that of Saklikent Gorge and Yakapark restaurant. Some of the features of the Lycian site are:
- Acropolis Hill- The hill consists of rock-cut tombs and sarcophagi. The fortress of Kanli Agi ('Bloody Chief Ali'), a notorious Ottoman feudal lord, crowns the top of this hill. One can also find the ruins of Roman and Lycian wall on the hilltop. The visitors can also see a spectacular 360 vision of the Xanthos Valley from this site.
- 'Tomb of Bellerophon' – It is a large temple-type tomb dedicated to the legendary Greek hero Bellerophon riding Pegasus, the winged horse.
- Market Hall
Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos Information
- You have to climb up in order to reach the site. Not suitable for heart patients.
How To reach Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos by Public Transport
- There are regular minibuses from Fethiye To Saklikent Gorge which go via Tlos.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fethiye before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fethiye and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos, Fethiye Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Cumhuriyet Caddesi
- Pürşahbey Caddesi
- Natural Park
- Köse Giyim
- Yacht Classic Hotel
- Jiva Beach Resort
- Cleopatra Pools
- Fethiye Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Fethiye
- What to See in 48 Hours in Fethiye
- What to See in 72 Hours in Fethiye
- How to Spend 5 Days in Fethiye
- How to Spend 6 Days in Fethiye
- How to Spend 7 Days in Fethiye