Ancient Lycian Site Of TlosCurrently Open
- Address: Fethiye 48300, Turkey
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: 5 TRY
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Tomb
Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos - Review
Tlos, a highly important religious centre in ancient Lycia, was rediscovered by Charles Fellow in 1838. With a history of more than 4000 years ago,the site is considered to be one of the oldest and the largest inhabitations of Lycian empire. Tlos attracts tourists with its ruined charm. Also known for its rock tombs, the site is nestled within the gigantic Akdaglar Mountains. Once the “brilliant metropolis of the Lycian nation”, today the site is of immense historical value enveloped within the picturesque scenery. A trip to Tlos can be easily combined with that of Saklikent Gorge and Yakapark restaurant. Some of the features of the Lycian site are:
- Acropolis Hill- The hill consists of rock-cut tombs and sarcophagi. The fortress of Kanli Agi ('Bloody Chief Ali'), a notorious Ottoman feudal lord, crowns the top of this hill. One can also find the ruins of Roman and Lycian wall on the hilltop. The visitors can also see a spectacular 360 vision of the Xanthos Valley from this site.
- 'Tomb of Bellerophon' – It is a large temple-type tomb dedicated to the legendary Greek hero Bellerophon riding Pegasus, the winged horse.
- Market Hall
Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos Information
- You have to climb up in order to reach the site. Not suitable for heart patients.
How To reach Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos by Public Transport
- There are regular minibuses from Fethiye To Saklikent Gorge which go via Tlos.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Fethiye before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Fethiye and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos
95% of people who visit Fethiye include Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
79.64% of people start their Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos
89.85% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos
Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos Map
Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos Trips
Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos, Fethiye Reviews
All QuestionsAncient lycian site of tlos
Find places near Ancient Lycian Site Of Tlos, Fethiye
Amfi Tiyatro Cafe -0.444 km away
Tlos Yakapark Trout Restaurant Cafe & Bar Yaka Köyü1.9 km away
Mountain Lodge Hotel Bar Mountain Lodge Boutik Hotel, Döğer Köyü1.258 km away
Tlos Yakapark Trout Restaurant Cafe & Bar Akdag Koyu Fethiye Merkez, Fethiye Selale Yakapark1.895 km away
Tlos Yakapark Restaurant Akdağ Köyü1.904 km away
Mountain Lodge -1.256 km away