Craigtoun Country ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: Prospect Row, St Andrews, Fife KY16 8NX, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1334472013
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Rides, Games
Craigtoun Country Park - Review
Originally a part of Melville family estates, Craigtoun Country Park is a favorite family place to have a small picnic. The place has a number of rides and games for children and keeps its 18th century landscape intact while still offering modern amenities.
The Craigtoun Miniature Railway, bouncy castle, Italian garden, ‘Fairy Glen’, greenhouses and formal gardens offer a great time as you explore the historic property. Rowing at the Lake completes the visit.
Craigtoun Country Park Information
- Carry bottled drinking water and snacks.
- Wearing sunscreen will be helpful.
Craigtoun Country Park Ticket Prices
- Individual ride ticket (all ages over 3 years): Euros 1.50
- Block of ten individual ride tickets: Euros 13
- Day Ticket Individual (all ages over 3 years): Euros 7.50
- Day Ticket Group of three: Euros 21
- Day Ticket Group of four: Euros 23
- Day Ticket (additional group member): Euros 5
- Individual Season Ticket: Euros 25
- Group of three Season Ticket: Euros 65
- Group of four Season Ticket: Euros 75
- Additional group member Season Ticket: Euros 18
Craigtoun Country Park Hours
Park Grounds: Open 24 hours
Cafe: The cafe is now open whenever the amenities are running.
- Main Season: 10:00am – 5:30pm
- Open Daily from March 25th – April 17th; July 1st – August 14th
- Mid Season: 11:00 am – 4:30pm
- Open Weekends only from April 23rd – May 29th.
- Open Daily: June 4th – 30th
- Daily August 15th – 29th.
- Weekends only September 3rd – October 2nd.
- Open Daily from October 8th – 23rd
How To reach Craigtoun Country Park by Public Transport
- By Bus: opp Road End ( 2 kilometers away)
- By Taxi
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in St Andrews before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in St Andrews and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Craigtoun Country Park
78.52% of people who visit St Andrews include Craigtoun Country Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.21% of people start their Craigtoun Country Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Craigtoun Country Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Craigtoun Country Park
Craigtoun Country Park Trips
1 View9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Edinburgh, Inverness, St Andrews from MumbaiBy: Guest UserCity: Edinburgh, Inverness, St Andrews
2 Views9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Edinburgh, St Andrews, Inverness from MumbaiBy: Guest UserCity: Edinburgh, Inverness, St Andrews
Craigtoun Country Park , St Andrews Reviews
One of the loveliest public parks I've ever been to. Lovely grounds with sumptuous gardens, beautiful greens and a day's worth of fun for the family. Many free attractions, including a playground, trampolines, zip line, and ropes course. We paid £6 for 4 of us to paddle boat on the pond (worth it!l) You can buy a wrist band (£8) to do all the paid attractions (crazy golf, moon bounce, bikes, boat, and train). Not worth it if your kids are over 7 ( 2 of these are for 7 under only-moon bounce, bikes and the train is too small). We got a picnic at Tesco and enjoyed a great day. If you are traveling with kids, this is a great side trip for them!!
Great place for the whole family. Run by volunteers. Free admittance but rides are chargeable. Lots of room to run and play. Easy for pushchairs and wheelchairs too. Plenty of free parking.
Plenty of parking. Free entrance to park, rides are not too expensive and you get good value for money. Also has many attractions that are free. Plenty of wasps (see one of my images of wasps collected in jar). Vast grounds with many gardens. Most attractions didn't have a long waiting time.
Excellent place for children. Great for picnics. Wee train is great and boats great fun. Reasonably priced for some things and free for many things. You do not need to spend money .
Great wee park with lots to do for the kids. Not too far to walk to each activity without feeling like all the attractions are crammed together. Very relaxing boating on the lake and the kids loved the train and Puffin Billy.
All QuestionsCraigtoun country park
Hi am thinking of taking my little brother here and would like to get a wrist band but I don't know what they cover and how much is a family wrist bandAnswer Report Abuse
You can have a good time at Craigtoun Country Park with your brother after taking a family wristband or family pass. The price for a family pass is 22 Euros for 3 people and it covers all the rides inside the park.Report Abuse